Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

My room turned out to be located on the second floor. Braden's room was on the left and Kade's on the right, with Logan's across the hall. My room was larger than I expected it to be. It even had its own bathroom tucked in the back corner. The walls were painted in muted earth tones. The bed was a king-sized mattress and had an intricately designed oak headboard. The bed was stacked sky-high with pillows. Across from the bed was an oak desk. The desk was stocked with pens, pencils, erasers, papers and other office supplies.

In the corner adjacent to the bathroom was a small love couch, coffee table and a bookcase. The bookcase was filled with books of all shapes and sizes: large, small, fat, thin. The window in the middle of the wall overlooked the forest many shifters lived in, played in, hunted in.

The view was breathtaking. The sun was high in the sky, still rising to its highest point. I walked over to open the window. It became stuck a quarter of the way up. I tried to jimmy it and when that failed, bang it. I was about to close the window, when Logan said, "It won't open any farther."

I continued to face the window, "Well, why not?"

"For defense reasons. No one can slip inside, even if someone forgets to lock it."

"And no one can leave through the windows either," I muttered under my breath.

Logan laughed, "That too." He strolled over to the lounge area and placed a cardboard box on the coffee table. He sat down on the couch and patted the seat next to him. Hesitantly, I walked over to Logan, standing just out of reach.

"What's in the box?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

Logan patted the couch again. "I'll show you in a minute." I dragged myself over to the coach and ungracefully plopped myself down. Logan turned to face me. After, what seemed like a life time, but was actually only a few seconds, Logan pulled out a stack of papers. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"These are records of your education." He glanced at me. When I made no comment, he continued. "You stopped going to school at the age of 13. Yet your parents didn't die until you were 15." Flipping through the papers, he selected a page. He handed me the paper and continued his report on my life. "I don't understand why you stopped going to school after 8th grade." He nodded his head towards the paper in my hand. "You seemed like a bright kid. Straight A's all through grade school."

I glanced at the falsified document in my hand. When I said my identities would pass any inspection, I meant it. The pages Logan had on Samantha White stated she stopped going to school after 8th grade. They also contained police reports oh her 'parent's automobile accident.' As well as the legal work of her being named the rightful owner of her parents company. Samantha White's parents 'owned' the company LGA. LGA is an advertisement corporation. The company, even though it does actual business, is actually a cover. The CEO of LGA is an ex-military spoof. He has contacts in the USA and other governments. His old delta team works closely with him as they monitor internet chatter as well as satellite images for new information on the Agents. I have many other companies and buildings that help gather intelligence around the globe.

"So what? School's not for everyone." I tossed the papers onto the coffee table.

"Why did your parents allow you to drop out?" Logan asked.

"I doubt they even notice. They weren't always the most attentive parents." I mumbled. This part in Samantha White's life was debated on for several long hours. The positive outcome of Samantha becoming a drop out, allowed me to have an identity to meet and mingle with the street rats of Colorado. It also allowed me to go to the free clinics for any injuries I received without worrying about the cops becoming involved. Also, with her parent's being dead, it leaves fewer strings that could unravel and destroy my identity. Dropping out of school right after 8th grade proved easily. Grade school records were easy to forge and falsify, plus the fact teachers rarely remember most of the students. High school documents were harder to obtain and falsify.