Chapter 4: Research

(This is still in Jackson's pov. If I don't tell you who's pov it is in then it's still the person the chapter before is)

As we're walking down the hallway toward the library Aiden asks, "How'd we get steak at a Chinese restaurant?"

"Some people in the pack work there," I answer briefly.

Before Aiden can say something else, my dad says, "We're here."

I look into the room we stopped at and the whole place is full of books. There's books covering every inch of every wall. Some tables are put randomly in the center of the room and there is a ladder so you can get books that you cant reach.

"Whoa, I didn't know this was here," I exclaim.

"This has every book about werewolves here and we didn't want you to know because we thought you weren't ready to know everything," My mom explains.

"But mom I'm nineteen, I am old enough," I say.

"Being old enough isn't the point," My dad says glaring at me.

"Ok fine," I motion for Aiden to follow me, "Come on Aiden, lets start looking."

"Ok," He walks into the room after me.

"So you look on that side and I'll look over here," I walk toward the left side of the room.

I climb a ladder and start looking at books.

After about an hour I already looked at all the books on one wall but found nothing to why Sophia has two mates.

I sit down at a table frustrated with myself. As I'm about to walk out the room I spot a book that says "Moon Goddess". I walk over to the shelf and pull it out. Then I open it and start reading.

Werewolves, "Nope," I turn the page. Shifting, "Nope." Mind Linking, "Nope." Mates, "Yes!"

Aiden come here, I mind link to him.

He comes running, "What?"

"I found something," I point to the page I was on.

We start reading.

The Moon Goddess picks two people who she thinks will be happy together. They always find each other but it's rare to not find your mate. Rarely will your mate reject you but if they do then you may die or just be really weak the rest of your life.

We notice that the rest of it got erased somehow.

"Dude, why is there a part missing?" Aiden asks me but I don't hear him, instead I'm wondering why would anyone do this and who did it.

I snatch the book away from the table I set it on and run out of the library, "Mom! Dad!"

They both come running in, "What happened?"

I show them the book, "Did any one of you do this?"

"It wasn't me," my mom says innocently as Aiden walks out of the library and stands by me.

"I never would do something like that. Those books belonged to my father and when I read that book, all I can remember is that everything was there," my dad says while rubbing his forehead like he has a headache.

Aiden crosses his arms, "Well someone had to do it, it's not like it magically disappeared."

"Come on dad, please try to remember what it said," I beg him.

"Sorry son, I'm 64 years old so I know I won't remember."

"Come on Aiden," I take his wrist and drag him from the hallway to my room.

My room is just like any other persons room, it has a bed in the corner where a window is, a closet, a shelf with books and knives. I like to collect knives, they fascinate me for some reason. The walls are painted this navy blue color.

I pull Aiden into my room and close the door.

"So what's up man?" he asks nervously.

"What do you mean what's up? I'm trying to figure out why my mate has two mates, for all I know she could die from the two mate thing!" I say getting irritated and angry.

"Chill man. First of all, she's our mate, not just yours. And second of all, I don't know why you think she could die from having two mates," Aiden reassures me, "Just sit down and breath."

I sit down on my bed, "Yeah, you're right," I start taking deep breaths to calm down, "Shit! Aiden, I think Sophia is in trouble!" I stand up suddenly.

"How do you know?"

"She's in the pack. She just said help to everyone in the mind link. Didn't you hear?"

"No, I was worrying too much about you to notice."

"Thanks man. See this is why I chose you to be my beta."

We're coming Sophia, I mind link to her.

Thanks Jackson. I'm at the football field, please hurry, she says back.

Why the hell are you at the football field when it's dark out, I'm starting to get worried.

I'll answer that later, just please hurry

"She's at the football field, come on!" I yell at Aiden.

We race down the stairs and I snatch my keys to my ford truck from the key holder. I yank open the door and slam it behind us and scramble into my truck, "hold on," I warn.

"Already am," he mumbles.

As soon as I put my seatbelt on, I'm racing down the road toward the football field. We get there in under five minutes.

Where are you, I ask Sophia.

Under the bleachers, she replies.

"Aiden, go find Sophia under the bleachers please."

"Ok."

Why do you need help Sophia

Well I was walking out in the woods when someone came up to me, he took ahold of my wrist and started dragging me toward the border of our pack but I got away from him before we crossed then ran here and I think he followed me but he's hiding in the woods, I think he's scared for someone to find out who he is

Ok, don't worry, I'll find him, I reassure her, Aiden is coming to get you and please stay in my truck

Don't worry, I will Jackson, she says.

I hop out of my truck and walk over to the woods. I smell a rouge, I say to Aiden.

Do you need help, he asks.

Yeah, first get Sophia into my truck then meet me by the woods

Ok, I'll be there in about three minutes

I shift into my midnight black wolf while I wait for Aiden. I'm glad that I can leave my clothes on and when I shift back to a human, my clothes are still on.

I hear a soft pad of footsteps approach me and I look up to see a brown wolf with bright green eyes. I nod my head as he gets closer.

You smell that, I ask him even though I know he's going to say yes.

Yeah, it smells like Jake

Why would Jake be here after we destroyed his pack and made him a rouge. I thought I threatened him enough to scare him away, I growl.

Jake was the alpha of a neighboring pack, they attacked us and we killed everyone except Jake. I told him to never come back and if he does then I was going to shred him to pieces.

Just then we heard a howl deep into the woods and two other howls joined in.
------------------------
Lol yeah sorry i left you on a cliffhanger, I'll try to update it quickly. My puppy chewed on my computer charger so I couldn't charge my computer so I'm sorry if this took a while.

Thanks for everyone who is reading this, you guys are awesome 👍🏻 please comment ideas and vote.