chapter 3: fast

“I’m glad that my son met you, akanishi-kun,” the woman smiled over dinner when kazuya invited him over together with ryo and pi.

“it is my pleasure to get acquainted with your son, madam,” jin stopped eating and stood up only to bow down to kazuya’s mom.

“guess my kid’s a ‘weird-kids’ prone, huh?” his dad joked and the mom scowled at him.

“pardon us, Kamenashi-san. our manner of respect might be bothering you. please tell us what you are comfortable in so we can avoid causing you discomfort,” ryo bowed when jin sat down. Jin nodded his head at ryo and looked at the old man who just shyly laughed at ryo’s words.

“don’t mind him, children. Just eat. He’s a weird himself,” the woman accused lightly, making the four kids chuckle.

“by the way, madam, ryo and I would be gone for the next few years. Our departure would be caused of some errand that needs to be attended to. We would have taken akanishi-san with us but he insisted on staying to accompany your son,” pi spoke absent mindedly and ryo smacked hi head strongly.

“imbecile! Tonto! You do not need to let them know of akanishi-san’s intention for being left behind!” ryo semi shouted at pi, not forgetting his manners.

“pardon me, ryo, akanishi-san,” pi bowed his head and continued eating.

“ryo... pardon him. He is a young mind. Of course he would speak to those he trusts,” jin patted ryo’s head like ryo was some child.

“pardon me, akanishi-san,” ryo bowed, embarrassed, and continued eating. Jin, however, excused the behaviour of his company and resumed eating.

“you kids act like akanishi-kun here is your elder, huh?”  his father commented and jin just smiled at him, the two still have their head bowed.

“in terms of age, we are almost of the same. It is just that the sense of leadership is always placed on me and by judgement. Pardon our inexcusable chaos a while ago,” jin spoke and the woman smiled.

“no need to be too formal, akanishi-kun. And by the way,” the woman spoke and kazuya looked at his mother.

“how was school?”

“great. School’s great. Awesome kids, awesome teachers. Awesome environment,” kazuya spoke, rather lying for he would have said the things he’s observed about the school but placing jin in the middle, he lied.

“Kamenashi-kun has been indeed pleased with today’s turn of events. He has made friends with lots of schoolmates,” jin quipped in. Ryo and pi looked at him but made no move to speak.

“yeah... really,” kazuya glared at jin and jin just shrugged. Actually, kazuya wanted to chuckle at the man’s face. He seemed to be covering up for the bullies at school not wanting his mother to suspect.

He looked at pi and ryo whose heads are still down. They continued eating and when done, excused themselves to the living room where kazuya’s mother accompanied them.

In the kitchen, jin, kazuya and Kamenashi-san.

“jin-kun. I can call you that, right?” the old man asked and the younger nodded.

“Mentioning what pi said earlier, do you like my son?” the man went straight forward, making kazuya stand up in shock. He wanted to speak but of what? He wanted to react but... how?

“yes, sir. I like him very much. I do believe is it now my duty to protect what I like. and so, I will stay,” jin spoke with such firmness kazuya thought for a second jin was asking for his hand from his father.

Wait, whut?!

“akanishi jin, Kamenashi jiro, are you two fucking with my brains right now?” kazuya asked, not being able to stop his mouth from cursing.

“Kamenashi kazuya, your mouth,” the old man glared at jin while jin only shook his head.

“it is not right for your young age to use such colourful words. Please allow me to take the blame,” jin bowed and turned to the old man.

“pardon me. I shall put your son under my care and discipline,” jin bowed and kazuya got more confused.

“very well, akanishi-san. I do believe our deal here is closed,” the old man said, following the others on the living room while jin stayed bowing at the direction of the man.

“are you fucking kidding me, akanishi? what was that all about?!” kazuya turned to jin, careful of not being too loud.

“your father is making sure I am a good friend to you and that I will not lead you to such horrible things this world has to offer for a young mind like you,” jin explained and somehow, kazuya calmed down. When the man left him alone, he suddenly remembered his father.

He’s finally influenced by those formal kids.

He sighed. Maybe his father is not just a carefree man. A simpleton too.

-

He stood up by the veranda of the house and looked over the city. It was a nice night. A nice time.

The smoke from his companion’s cigar filled up his lungs as he inhaled it and exhaled. He likes this smell. It calms him down.

“do you really have to go?” the girl asked as she was puffing small clouds of stinking smoke.

“I have to or we both die. This is for the two of us, yirumo. I love you but I can’t sacrifice your life,”

“I’m willing to die for you,”

“no, love. No one would die,” the man spoke firmly as he stepped up the metal rail and jumped.