Seeing a Goddess

Greg's POV

(A/N: this bit is happening at the same as the previous chapter)

I step out of the coach and adjust the rucksack that is on my shoulder. Barden University; We meet again. This is my second year here and I love it. Not the actual college, or the classes, no, I love the people! I go to the house that me and the guys share and see that all my luggage has already been delivered.

I see the familiar jacuzzi in front of the TV and the smell of cheap cologne filled my nostrils. Bumper is already here. You could smell him from a mile away. I laugh at how true it is and make my way to my room. The whole house is red and gold because of our band logo. Our band is the best Acapella group in the whole of America, and we are called the Treblemakers. Classic pun! Never gets old.

As I'm unpacking, my roommate comes in and we give each other a hug because I haven't seen him for so long. He's like my brother, but better than my actual brother, Jonny. I also have a sister but she's too girly so I don't really talk to her. My parents split up when I was young, so I never grew up with a dad. I wish I did because I really love hiking, but I can't hike anymore because he's gone to live in Chicago. As I nostalgically remember all the things we used to do, I forget where I am. My roommate, Donald, has to snap his fingers in my face to awaken me from my thoughts. He suggested we go down to the activities fair as there's nothing to do. I agree and we go. There are so many people! It's never been that busy, or maybe I just don't notice.

We spot the rest of the Trebles by a low brick wall that has absolutely no purpose. I jump up and try to get comfy. It doesn't work, obviously. All of us start singing and I don't even have to think about the lyrics, they flow right from my mouth. I suddenly stop singing as I see a girl. A beautiful girl with (insert your features here). I can't help but stare, she's look amazing. I mean, it's like looking at a goddess! Donald looks at me, but I play it off as thought I stopped singing because I needed to cough. I gave a very unconvincing fake cough and he raises his eyebrows. I shake my head, to say 'not now, later'. He acknowledges what I mean and we continue singing.

Some nerd boy comes over and introduces himself with another descent-looking boy. He starts saying something about our performances changing his life or something, but I don't really pay attention. I just think about the girl I saw. She must be new because she wasn't surrounded by any friends.

When I get back my room, Donald bombardes me with questions about what happened. I said I didn't know. And it was the truth, I have no idea why that girl caught my attention. I explain that she was basically perfect and when I finish, a huge smile grows in his face. It's a little unsettling as he looks like the Grinch! He starts staring at me so I awkwardly got up and very slowly slip out the room. His gaze follows me. I run because I know what coming next. I lock myself in our bathroom and curl up into a ball while covering my ear with my hands. This is proves useless as I can still hear his chants throughout the house.

'GREG'S GOT A CRUSH! GREG'S GOT A CRUSH! GREG'S GOT A CRUSH! GREG'S GOT A CRUSH!'

I hear footsteps and voices. I hear Donald's voice the most because he has the deepest voice. He says,
'Greg's got a crush!' I can imagine the smirk on his face that I so badly want to punch. I hear more voices but I don't have a clue what they're saying. I hear hushed voices approach the door. I brace myself for more questions. Bumper talks first.

'Is this true?' But he's then followed by more voices,

'A crush?'
'Who?'
'When?'
'How?'
'Boy or girl?'
'Are you getting married?'

What the fuck? I gingerly open the door and poke my head around the corner. I see all the Trebles standing there with huge smirks. I look at Donald and he looks triumphant. Of course he does! What did I expect? I gave him a glare, but he's still smirking. Ugh, sometimes I really don't like him! I run my hand through my hair and answer all the questions.

'Yes, it's true. Some girl, I don't know her name. At the activities fair. I don't know how. Girl and NO!'

'Oooooo,' they all say in unison. I go back to my room as I can't look at them for much longer. It starts to get dark, so I go to Starbucks and get some coffee. I stay up well past midnight watching films and I fall sleep with that girl on my mind.

Donald's POV
YAAAAYYY!!!! I can't believe Greg has a crush! And it's only the first day as well. I'm really pleased for him, but I need to make it my business to find out everything about her. I can't stand watching him get hurt again. I remember it just like yesterday...

~Flashback~

Greg came home crying and I knew why. Danielle, his girlfriend, hurt him again. I've tried so many times to get him away from her but he won't leave. It's always the same thing: she gets jealous of his music career, she makes out with a stranger right in front of him, makes him forgive her, then it starts all over again. After a few hours, I cautiously opened the door and looked in - I knew he needed space. I looked at his eyes. They're so red, he looked like he's been crying non stop for three days. I knelt beside his bed and ask him,

'What's wrong?'

'Nothing, I'm fine'

'No, you're not'

That did it. He got up and started shouting.

'WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE THAT YOU CAN GO AROUND TELLING ME WHAT I FEEL?!'

'Im sorry,' I apologised.

'Well sorry isn't good enough,' he reached for his wallet, 'I'm going out.'
He stormed out of the house and disappeared into the night.

The rest of the Trebles had many questions, but all I needed to say was 'Danielle' and they understood everything.

A few hours later, he came back and was extremely drunk. He threw everything at the wall, even the TV. We kept out of his way because he wouldn't stop even if you stood right in front of him. This was the second time that week. He passed out and collapsed on the floor. I put a pillow under his head and a blanket over him. I put a glass of water on the coffee table next to him and paracetamol. For the next week, he stayed in his room, didn't talk to anyone, or eat anything.

3 months later he regained some normality and was fine. We never heard from Danielle again. Until her parents came round to the house and posted a bit of paper through the letterbox. It was addressed to Greg.
When he read it, he realised it was a suicide letter. It explained that she felt too guilty to live with what she done to him. Her neat cursive handwriting filled the page, along with a lip gloss print of her lips that had 'I will always love you, Greg'. And then we were back to the beginning. Everyday he came home drunk. And once he was hospitalised because of the amount of alcohol he was drinking. Sometimes he never even came home. We were really struggling to deal with him. It took 8 months for him to be alright again.

~flashback over~

I received a text from Bumper, which is odd as he's in the room next to ours. I read it anyway.

(A/N: italics - Bumper & normal - Donald)
B - come to Starbucks tomorrow at 1:00 pm SHARP
D - why? :/
B - we need to discuss Greg's crush
D - oh ok sure :)
B - it's only a few of us bc there are only few ppl that know what happened and stuff
D - yh ok see you there
B - okay bye

Authors note:
I hope this is okay.
THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THE STORY: so there is going to be a time skip but I'm not too sure by how much. In this, it's basically that everyone's continuing with their lives, Greg sees that girl in passing a few more times, the meeting went well however Donald is still hesitant about the crush because he's like an over-protective big brother. Okay...byeeeeeeeee xx