Chapter 7

This is not happening. I pressed every button going up and down. I even pressed the "Jesus, please help me" button. Nothing would work. Oh, no.

I suddenly felt something I've never felt before. I felt a flash of heat travel through my body. My hands started to feel sweaty and so did the back of my neck. I tried to think of what was happening to me, but I had nothing to compare it to. Stuck, in an elevator with a psycho killer? If I showed any sign of fear, he would definitely kill me. I felt my vision fading in and out. I only saw blurry black splotches and tiny pieces of the real world. My stomach was churning and I felt sick. I felt like there was something wrong with me, like I was going to die. I had a powerful urge to sit down. I felt like maybe it would make it go away or at least make me feel a little better, but it didn't. All I could think was "this will pass and I'll be okay. I'm going to get out of this." I heard Jeff talking, but the real world was basically gone.

And then, "Sienna." he said loudly. I was brought back to the real world.

"Huh?"

He grunted after giving me a nasty glare, "Nevermind."

"You're not gonna kill me, right?" I stuttered.

He looked at me surprised, "Sia, I would never kill you. I love you."

I looked at him, shocked.

"Just kidding." He laughed, "should've seen the look on your stupid face."

I glared at him and crossed my arms.

"If I kill you, then Ill be stuck in an elevator with a dead body for a long time, and that doesn't seem like much fun."

"Touché." I reply.

At least I know I'm safe for now. And maybe I can get some information from him.

"So hey, Jeff, about that one time when you were about to kill me, but you didn't because you said I might be useful?"

"Vaguely"

"What would I be useful for?"

He sighed. Liu. He's my brother and I recently found out he wasn't dead."

"And what does that have to do with me?"

"You're going to be my little scout." he said proudly.

"Huh?"

"Don't you worry your pretty little head about it."

That was definitely unsettling and not the answer I was looking for.

"Your scout?"

"That's what I said, didn't I?" he sounded annoyed.

"I don't understand."

"Listen, I kind of have an idea of where he's hiding out. All you have to do is make friends, alright?"

"Make friends? Seriously, if he's anything like you, I don't think that's a good idea."

"Well that's the thing. It doesn't matter what you think. You're just going to do what I say, and get some info for me."

"What kind of info?" I asked skeptically.

"Just about how he's living life and stuff like that." he shrugged.

"Do you actually care about someone?" I chuckled.