Chapter 17: Time For a Lesson

Start from the beginning

I brush those thoughts aside for a moment as I go into the lobby to find Rick talking to Michonne and Daryl. "Rick? Is something wrong?" I ask curiously. "Carl said you wanted to see me."

Rick finished off talking with the two and turns to me. "No, everything's alright. We were just talking about all the stuff that we've come to find."

"Oh. That's good, but why'd you call for me?" I say, still being nosy and curious. Having Carl still being mad at me does not exactly put me in a mood to do anything at the moment.

"I just need you to help Noah and Tara organize all the guns and food you been finding. There in that room over there." I turn to the side room that Rick points to and see the two teenagers go about.

"Alright, I'll give them a hand." Rick gives me a nod and I enter the room with guns, bullets, and food on a table.

"Hey man, here to help out?" Noah asks while loading a clip onto a handgun.

"Um, yeah. Just tell me what to do." I say in some friendly way.

"Cool. For starters, just separate the guns and ammo from the food while Noah and I keep loading them." Tara instructs. I nod slightly and start helping out. "Keep an eye out for the ammo and food. I keep mistaking some nuts for bullets." Tara recommends in some jokingly manner.

Noah and I give a small laugh as to how someone could confuse bullets with some nuts, but when I start to separate the ammo from the food, I start to get confused myself.

The room soon becomes awkwardly quiet and it just hit me that I don't really talk too much with either Tara or Noah. I try to think of something that can break the ice.

"So Noah, how are you doing with you leg?" I ask randomly. I remember when I first met this group, Noah was limping really bad. Something about jumping off an elevator shaft. I never found out why he jumped, but there was never any need to ask.

"Oh, this thing. Yeah, it's been getting better. I can walk and hold my own like I used to." He taps his leg and smiles. "Yep, don't even feel a thing."

"You shouldn't do anything risky. It might get worse this time." Tara advises. I nod in agreement while trying to figure out if what I'm holding is either food or ammo.

"Yeah, I know. I guess I'm just excited that it's al..." Noah stops his sentence mid-way, which leaves me and Tara hanging. We look at him to see that he's closely inspecting some gun.

"What's wrong? Is it jammed or something?" Tara asks as curious as I am. I go over to see how I can be of help, but what I find just brings a smile to me face.

Carl's POV-

Three little girls playing around and a dog that is just laying down is something that I will not take for granted. It calms me and leaves me to my thinking. The thoughts that just again make me angry and leave a frown on my face.

A whole week and we still haven't seen each other eye to eye. I understand if he wants to forget it ever happened since it isn't exactly what someone calls normal, but he should still be able to talk to me instead of just brushing me off. Well he used to brush me off, but now I do it to him.

I kind of regret that I denied the soup he brought me a few days ago, but he wasted food for an idiotic thing like this. There was probably no point in it either since he was just going to be quiet like he always is when I enter the same room as him.

*Knock Knock*

I turn my head to look at Tara, Dan, and Anel walking in. I haven't talked to them too much since I'm afraid that I'll just be angry at them too for some stupid reason.