Chapter 17: Time For a Lesson

Tyler's POV-

Being bored is something that I could live with, but being ignored at is starting to hurt. He's still mad at me. I thought that it would settle down over time, but I was just fooling myself. Even so, I don't blame him. I've been acting like a jerk around him, so I can't expect him to be anything but angry.

It's been one long week since it happened and I have not been making it easy for either of us. We haven't talked about it and that's mostly because every time we see each other, we just walk to the opposite direction. Luckily, no one suspects anything, but that doesn't mean they won't later on.

I'll admit, I don't like that Carl's mad at me. It makes me feel guilty and pitiful. I've, only once, tried to talk to him, but that didn't go so well. I thought that maybe we could talk while having a bite, so I cooked up some plain tasteless noodles for the both of us. When I brought it to him, he coldly denied the food and said that I shouldn't be wasting food like that for something stupid.

It hurt when he said that. I was trying to do something that can finally break our cold relationship, but he obviously didn't care. Although, just because he doesn't care, does not mean that I shouldn't care. I still want to make it up to him. I just don't know how, but there is plenty of time to think about that.

There hasn't been much to do over time. We've been holding up safely, but I can tell we will have to move on soon. Even so, that will be in about another few months, so I still try to find something to do around this place in the meantime.

I don't hang around Joey too much anymore because he likes to be with Daryl so he can learn more hunting tips. I let him be cause I know that it reminds him of old times with our grandpa. I tried to learn some tips as well, but it was all to complicated for me so I gave up on it altogether.

Anel and Dan like to also be with who feel more comfortable around with and I'm glad they can be normal teenagers. Right now, I wish I could be like that, but given what's happened, I don't think it will be normal for a while.

------------------

Having to see Emily and Ally play like normal children again is great and all, but it is as satisfying as it can get; although, Blake loves to see them play and joins them in most times. I watch them have fun with their pretend tea parties and whatever princess games they play because I feel safe just by seeing smiles on their faces and cause it makes me smile too.

While watching them play, I hear the door to their room open. Immediately, the whole atmosphere changes. Carl walks in with Judith and, of course, tries to not take notice of me at all.

"Dad wants to see you downstairs, so go. I can watch the girls play around while you're gone." He states in a very cold and harsh style. I stare at him for a moment. He's not the Carl that I used to talk to anymore and I miss having him around. "What are you looking at? Hurry up and go." His attitude is not getting any better towards me and I keep getting hurt by it. I look away from him in defeat and go to the door.

"Hey kiddoes, I'll be right back. Alright?." I softly state. From how Carl talked to me, they are a bit shaken up. I've calmed them down, but Carl should have calmed himself in front of the girls. "Look, now you can play with Judith. Don't worry, Blake will watch over you guys." Carl shot me a look of daggers when I said that and I left the room.

I don't like this to any point. Whenever Carl does talk to me, he manages to somehow make me feel like crap and I'm left to think that he's right about me. All because of one stupid kiss that I actually liked. Over some time to think about it, I finally realized that I did enjoy having Carl as my first kiss. His lips were warm and soft, which just stopped time all together, but I still don't know if it means anything to have feelings for him.