Chapter 10

It was so confusing, Marvel and Cato and Glimmer, i can't figure out who is saying the truth anymore but i shouldn't be weak because this is The Hunger Games after all and only one person can come out and that will be Cato, no matter how i feel i should be happy for him, i can't do anything about it.. But Marvel, i don't really know if i like him maybe he can fit as a best friend? But i still got eyes for Cato and i haven't even known Marvel that long to trust him or..to know him at all! I just hate Glimmer. That little bitch should be thrown down a pit of lava urghhh, it's all because of her or ... is it? If Cato really loved me he wouldn't have fallen for Glimmer though. What does he even see in her, she's only pretty, i think she's pretty dumb to be honest. All these thoughts makes me tired and tomorrow is the interview, right or was it the day after tomorrow? I can't even think anymore! So i go and take a shower.

After i get out of the shower i notice a note, saying i'm sorry. Gosh how long has it been there, it's probably from Cato because his handwriting fits perfectly, not saying that its ugly but i'm not saying that it's pretty either. Well, it doesn't matter now if he says sorry and then keep on smooching Glimmer. I threw the note in the trash bin and finish getting dressed. These clothes from the Capitol surely are comfortable but they're way too fancy that i don't even recognize myself.

I get out of my room and head for dinner, tomorrow is the last day to train and after that we are having our personal evaluation or was it after the interview? Meh, i'm hungry so that doesn't matter but i surely don't see Cato at the dining table.

"Where's Cato?"

"I suggest you start eating and stop questioning." Says our escort, i don't even know her name since she never takes the time to introduce herself, all she does is her make up.

She has a caked face full of makeup right now actually. She has on dark purple eyeshadow, a lot of powder, she has on a dark blue lipstick color, everything seems to be very dark on her face except for her eyebrows, you can barely see them at all! And her eyelashes looks like they're made out of plastic! Ugh, the sense of style of these Capitol people.

"Seriously though, where is Cato?" I asked again, feeling a bit annoyed.

"I don't know, he's probably with Glimmer, i think i heard her talking about having dinner with Cato." Enobaria answered.

"Right.." I trailed off.

And with that i continue eating my food silently. I am sad enough but now, i am getting a little annoyed and upset and mad. Just a little. That he didn't explain whatsoever except for a note i'm sorry? Whatever, tomorrow is our last training day i think so i should be focused. I went to my room and since i'm very tired, i went straight to sleep even if it's only 7:30pm.

Cato's pov

After that very awkward moment, by that meaning she had to watch me with Glimmer and crying and running away and i had to watch her kiss Marvel and i was beyond piss at that moment but then Glimmer was all twirling her hair asking me if i'm coming to the elevator or not and i had to come. I take one last glance and saw Clove running upstairs. It was 5:00 now and i guess Glimmer decided to invite me over for dinner since she can't take her hands off me. I went, well because i can't really face Clove right now. It was rather boring to be honest, the dinner, and i can't wait to get back and by the time i'm back it's 8:30. I couldn't sleep so i went to Clove's room and knocked if she was there but there was no answer so i guess she went to sleep, i went to my room and showered. After i'm no longer filled with the smell of sweat, i lay down on my bed and do some thinking.

I tried to talk to Clove a lot of time but she just wouldn't listen and i can't help if Glimmer was all over me but it was just to get sponsors, and if i keep resisting it won't look real so i guess i have to make some actions in the interview. But first i need to talk to-Knock knock

"It's me, Clove, can i come in?" She said a bit coldly but i recognized her voice.

"Yeah, sure".

She walk in looking upset and dark well, maybe because the lights weren't turned on but her eyes swelled up from crying, smudged with that eye powdery thing you put on your eyes or whatever they call it, and she was trembling and i realized what a monster i am, i didn't even have time, i didn't even make time to talk to her! I feel horrible. She turned on the light to see better and she stared at me for one second and closed her eyes immediately and i noticed why, i wasn't wearing a shirt. I guess she's not that comfortable with me because we were so distant since i started with Glimmer. So i put on a shirt and we start talking, i told her about the Glimmer thing and how it was to get sponsors and said sorry a bunch of time.

"I guess you're forgiven but i just wished you told me earlier." She said.

"I tried to but you kept on ignoring me and pushing me away." I said getting a little bit mad that she's blaming me.

"Well, that is kind of true, well i think i should leave now and let's just leave this all behind us and be friends and...yeah, nevermind."

"Okay.." I said. My heart broke to see her heart broken like this, now we are just friends, it's like starting all over again and i feel empty, i've lost her.