12. The Rouge Bludgers *

Start from the beginning

Fred hits the Bludger off course, and smiles to himself.

"That's done it!" He shouts happily.

But yet again, the Bludger shoots toward me again..as if it's attracted to me magnetically.

I fly in the opposite direction at full speed, trying to avoid the Bludger and rejoin the game.

To make matters even worse; it begins raining.

"Slytherin lead, sixty points to zero." I hear Lee Jordan say.

"Someone's - tampered - with - these - Bludgers -" Fred grunts, swinging his bat at the Bludger as it launches another attack at me.

"We need time out." I hear George say, as he tries to signal to Wood and stop the other Bludger from breaking Harry's nose.

I hear Madam Hooch's whistle, signalling time out, meaning that Wood got the message.

Harry, Fred, George and I dive for the ground, still avoiding the two Bludgers.

"What's going on?" Wood asks, as we all huddle together. "We're being flattened. Haylee, where were you when Taylor almost scored? She needed your help."

"I was twenty feet above, trying to avoid being murdered by a Bludger." I say angrily.

"Someone's fixed them - they won't leave Harry and Haylee alone, they haven't gone away all game. The Slytherins must have done something to them." George adds, also sounding angry.

"But the Bludgers have been locked in Madam Hooch's office since our last practise, and there was nothing wrong with them then..." Wood says, anxiously.

From the corner of my eye, I can see Madam Hooch striding towards us, and behind her I can see the Slytherin team laughing and pointing at us.

"Listen," Harry says, "with someone flying around me all the time the only way I'm going to catch the Snitch is if it flies up my sleeve. Both of you watch out for Haylee, and let me deal with my Bludger."

"Don't be thick," Fred says, "it'll take you read off."

"Oliver this is mad," Katie says angrily, "Harry and Haylee can't play like this. Lets ask for an enquiry."

"If we stop now, we'll have to forfeit the match!" Harry says. "And we're not losing to Slytherin just because of some mad Bludgers! Come on, Oliver, tell them to leave me alone!"

"This is all your fault," George says angrily to Oliver. "'Get the Snitch or die trying' - what a stupid thing to tell him!"

Madam Hooch reaches us and joins our circle.

"Ready to resume play?" She asks Oliver.
"Alright," he says. "Fred, George, you heard Harry - leave him alone and let him deal with the Bludger on his own. Both of you watch out for Haylee, make sure she has a chance to get the Quaffle."

The rain begins falling more heavily, and on Madam Hooch's whistle, the game resumes.

I kick up into the air, and I instantly hear the whoosh of a Bludger from behind me.

From the corner of my eyes, I see Fred and George with their bats raised high, ready to hit the Bludger away from me.

I follow after the Quaffle, Fred, George and the Bludger close behind me.

I manage to steal the Quaffle off of Adrian Pucey, and I flip sideways to avoid the Bludger.

George hits it in the opposite direction and I use this opportunity to try and score.