Frowning, I went to my door and opened it more and growled lowly in my throat at the sight on my bed. I wasn’t able to hear what they were talking about from where I was but I was able to see how bad Faolan must be frightened. All my senses of reason dropped to see the dark brunette male pinning down my wolf. So, purposely, I slammed the door open with a kick of my foot

"You fucking jackass!" I snarled harshly. "You better get off him right now or I swear I’ll tear off all your fingers so you can’t wear those dumbass rings!"

The male started to get off quickly from him. "Now, come on, your little pet was just---"

I was so furious that I was upon the demon within three strides from where I was and punched him squarely in the jaw. He fell backwards with a barely audible groan and rubbed his jaw. I could feel his glare at me but I pointedly ignored it. I have to take care of Faolan now as he was more important.

"You okay?" I asked Faolan softly as I noticed he had sat up, staring at me in shock. He looked bewildered and frightened. His skin was paler than before and he was shaking horribly. He didn’t seem to hear me at all so I sat down on the bed next to him as slowly as possible to not frighten him further. I carefully wrapped my arms around his shoulders and tensed up in shock when Faolan rest his head against my chest. Automatically, I reached up and began to stroke his hair gently.

"You’re okay." I told him quietly as I lightly rocked him. "You’ll be okay. Just breathe." Before I knew it though, Faolan had fallen unconscious against me. How did I know that? Well, he went limp and his eyes were closed. He must have fainted from how badly he was scared. Trying to control my sudden anger at the demon that caused this reaction from Faolan, I gently set him back down and covered him in the blanket that he more likely replaced for me on the bed.

I moved silently from the bed and stood right over the demon that didn’t move from the ground. In the most level tone I could muster, I asked him, "Are you going to explain yourself now, cousin Mammon?"

"Explain what, cousin?" Mammon shot back. "It wasn’t like I wasn’t doing anything."

I crouched down so that we were at eye level. I learned dangerously close to Mammon’s face. "Now, Mammon, listen pretty damn carefully." I told him in a very low, chilling voice to express how furious I was. "You will stay away from Faolan. He is mine, do you hear me? I protect what is mine and you’re overstepping your boundaries as it is."

Mammon glowered. "Everyone knows that I would be a better ruler than you are!"

I laughed harshly at his stupidity. "Everyone knows that you are one huge fuck up that is younger than me who shouldn’t get the damn throne."

"I am only younger by a few months!"

I grabbed his shirt collar and brought him so close that our noses were touching. "My throne is not up for discussion. The throne is mine and mine alone. Faolan is also not up for the discussion so jackass you better start leaving him alone from here out."

"Or what?" Mammon challenged me, eyes glittering angrily at how useless he was against me. He was afraid of me which meant he didn’t want to admit I was better than he was.

"Or I’ll take you down to my dungeons, Mammon." I told him darkly, clenching his shirt collar tighter. "I don’t care that you’re my cousin as I will still torture the living fuck out of you. I won’t stop at please or mercy either, Mammon. No, I’ll stop when your heart stops for a full ten seconds and you’re nearly dead with blood loss." I got up onto my feet, dragging him up with me before I shove him towards my door.

Mammon hit the wall next to the doorway. He let out a loud groan and step away from the door after catching his balance. "You’ll regret this." He told me firmly.