Chapter 24: Their both life-changer

Start from the beginning

I gave her a lingering look.

"I'm a nurse. So I know what I'm doing!" She said irritably. I apologized and just watched her, praying inwardly that she'll wake up soon.

She looks like peacefully sleeping.

"Had she gone to a doctor yet?" she asked as she look up at me.

"No. I don't remember her going to a doctor yet. But, she's working at the hospital she should be healthy." I replied still not feeling at ease. I'm still worried sick not until she wakes up.

"Do you think, we need to call a doctor?" I asked not wanting to wait another seconds as I pulled out my phone.

"She's breathing, Mr. Pallos. You don't need a doctor. I can assure you, she's alright!" She stressed out a little annoyed.

I stared at her and she stared back. I knew she's right. But, I'm getting paranoid and still anxious and it's increasing each seconds.

My eyebrows are slanted upwards with fear and my lips are pressed in a thin line as I watch her.

A seconds is like an hours of hours.

"She's fine. She'll wakes up in few minutes. She's maybe just stressed out or exhausted or-" then her eyes lingered on me with curiosity.

I quirked my eyebrow in confusion and irritation at the same time.

"Did Yvonne finally surrendered her cherry! When did you swipe her v-card?" She asked stifling her laughters. Her eyes is full of mirth.

Damn this girl. She could still afford to get amused. My girlfriend is unconscious for heaven's sake!

"Ye-ah" I replied adamantly stifling my temper, as I ignored her last query.

"Then she could be pregnant. Has she been very emotional these days?" She asked, now looking serious. She was still checking Yvonne's wrist.

I ignore her last words. My head was reeling on her first statement.

"That's impossible. It's not even a week!" I blurted out not convince but the thought of it with Yvonne carrying my child is so overwhelmingly exciting.

But, I'm not thoroughly convince. She could be wrong.

"Mr. Pallos, a girl could get pregnant right away after sex. It's the hormones that takes longer to build up. The earliest possible is five days. To make sure, bring her to an ob/gyn." Carolina's eyebrows furrowed in exasperation.

"If she's pregnant, blasted man! You're one hell of a loaded-nut amigo! You sure is faster than the lightning!!" She exclaimed amusingly as she shook her head with her eyes dancing with mirth.

Well, she sure is a blunt!

Then, Yvonne stirred and she looks daze. I quickly shoved Carolina to the side and kneeled beside her as I help her sit.

"How are you feeling, moro mou?" I asked anxiously. I know fear written all over my face. My voice was so soft and I felt like my throat clogged with all this foreign emotions that just wracked me.

"I feel lightheaded and I want to-" before she could finish her words she hurl on my chest.

Fuck!

"I'm sorry." She said weakly as she moved slowly to try to clean it. I stopped her and I'm glad it wasn't much.

I smelt the awful contents she just hurled it on my coat. I wanted to puke too, but I held it back. I ignored the damn disgusting, awful thing in my chest and hold her. She looks so weak.