Chapter 3: The Job

"I will not be any man's half-time, down-time, spare-time or sometimes. So don't waste My time." - Unknown

Unedited

[Yvonne's POV]

"You're hired Athena, since you're recommended by my sister." Kurt smiled as he handed me an employee information sheet to fill up. "Just fill up the necessary information and you can start tomorrow." He added giving me a pen after.

I took the pen with excitement, totally forgetting that I'm working on one of Demetrio's hotel and there's a possibility that our path crosses.

Shortly, I gave back the pen and slide the papers on his table back to him with all my complete information.

Kurt smiled widely and he tuck the papers in a filing folder and kept them in the filing cabinet behind him.

I'm sitting across his table in his office at the 8th floor of the Pallos-Petropoulis Holdings building.

Two days after we talked and Katy, she called back telling me that her brother wants to see me. So, I went to see him, which is today.

I was surprised to get the job without further ado. I was expecting an interview, but instead, I just filled up an information sheet and I'm hired.

If life is this easy, then I would be the happiest person on earth!

Kurt dismissed me after explaining how much my salary is and what I'm going to expect for tomorrow.

I walked out of the building with a big smile plastered in my face. Mom, Nana, papou and Gabriella will be so happy when they know about it. I can't wait to tell them the news.

Mom has been very happy this past days. She has been different since we came back from Brazil. And, I'm hoping she's completely recuperating. And, back to her old happy self.

I walked to where my very old car parked. It was actually papou's car. He decided to give it to me since I needed it more than he does.

The car was a bit rusty but it is still in running condition.

As soon as I got to the car, I slide in the driver seat and started the engine. Not long, I'm driving back home.

I was humming with the radio along with Ed Sheeran song, Thinking out loud, as I occasionally drum one hand on the steering wheel.

After like a decade of driving, I finally pulled into the single door garage of the bungalow.

I turned off the engine as soon as it was parked inside the garage and I slide out of the car and walked through the door from the garage, after pushing the button for the garage door to shut.

"Hey, you're back!" Mom smiled as soon as she saw me walking to the kitchen. She is wearing an apron and it looks like she's almost done cooking.

"How is it?" Mom inquired excitedly as she face me with a ladle on her hand.

"I got the job!" I squealed in delight. Mom's smile widened.

"I knew you will get the job, mel." Mom exclaimed happily. Looking at me proudly. "Parabéns! We should celebrate tonight." Mom hugged me.

"Obrigado, Mãe!" I said softly and we both parted. Mom continued cooking while blabbering how lucky I am to get that job. That working at Pallos-Petropoulis hotel is like working as a teacher since they paid more than minimum and they have good benefits, which is true.

I am indeed lucky, only if I won't cross path with that conceited man, Demetrio.

"Dinner is almost ready. Go call your sister and your nana and papou." Mom said.