"Abby I need to explain my part in all this." He waited for her to react but she just lay there staring into space. He walked round to the side of the bed, directly in her line of sight and put his hand on her shoulder. 

"Abby I need to talk to you." 

She flinched at his touch and blinked slowly as if coming out of a trance. 

"I don't want to talk to you." She answered huskily and turned her back on him. 

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. "Look Abby, I don't know what he told you but I approached him about the transplant, he was reluctant at first but was intrigued by the fact that you were a young woman and not a child as he assumed. There was never any hint that it was any kind of PR stunt on his part, in fact he did his best to keep his identity quiet, with my help. I told him that everything had to be confidential and he would not be allowed to meet you. I gather it was purely coincidental that he bumped into you and through something that I had let slip he realised who you were. Everything just spiralled from there, I wasn't happy about it but when I confronted him he swore to me that he only had your best interests at heart." 

Abby was silent as she absorbed everything that he had told her, she sat turning the phone that she was holding over in her hands. Finally she turned her sad brown eyes towards him. 

"If he had my best interests at heart then why did he lie to me?" She whispered. 

"He didn't lie Abby, he didn't tell you because I told him not to, I thought it would put me in a difficult position with the ethics committee if they found out." He sighed. 

"Well I've had the transplant and he's gone, so there's not a lot they can do now is there." She stated. 

"No I suppose not, but I think you need to talk to him Abby, even I could see the difference his presence had on you." 

She shook her head sadly. "It's too late for that, I just want to be left alone. Anyway he will be going on tour soon, so he will forget all about me and get back to his fancy models who can do more for him than I could."  

"I don't agree and from what I can gather neither does he, according to a statement from his management this morning." 

"What are you talking about?" She looked at him in confusion. 

"The statement basically said what I have just told you about the transplant and how he met you by accident, it also said that he fell in love with you and would do anything to put this right." 

"That still doesn't explain how a model ended up in his trailer though." Her voice cracked as she spoke, the tears threatening to fall again. 

"So speak to him and find out what really happened." He urged. 

"No, I think it's best if we just leave it, he would realise eventually that I'm nothing but a burden anyway so why would he want to stick around." She sobbed and turned away from him as the tears started rolling down her cheeks. 

"If that's what you really want." He sighed as he made his way out of the room.

"No that's not what I want, I just want Gabe to hold me and tell me everything is going to be ok." She screamed inside her head as the sobs racked her body.

Pod had reluctantly contacted Tammy and arranged to take her out that night, the bitch was smug about the fact she had manipulated him into it, but if it got Gabe out of the hole he was in then it would be worth it. He decided it was time wake him up and let him know how he'd gone out on a limb for him.