☆ Chapter 10: Looking After Him ☆

Depuis le début

     "mmnn..." She swiped at her face again and rolled onto her side. 

      "..." Rubbing her eyes, the girl finally sat up and realized that during the night her hair had managed to frizz out and go everywhere

Pulling as much hair as she could to the side, she slid off the bed and sluggishly climbed down the ladder. 

     "Morning sleepyhead." Marshall called out when he saw Fionna climb down the ladder before turning back around to face the stove. 

     "morning..." Fionna replied and rubbed her eyes again before jumping a bit after she realized who she was speaking to. 

     "Marshall!!" 

     "What?" 

     "Are you feeling alright?!" She crossed the living room and approached the male.

     "If I wasn't then why would I be making breakfast?" He turned around again, this time with a pan of eggs in his hand. 

      "...Stop joking around! You really scared me yesterday!" She delivered a quick jab to his arm. 

     "OoOW! ... Okay, maybe I'm a little beat up but I swear I'm fine overall." He tilted the pan a bit and slid the eggs onto a plate. 

     "Now take these eggs to the table and quit worrying about me. I'm like a thousand years older than you, I don't need you taking care of me." He continued to say sarcastically, turning away from Fionna before grinning to himself.

Fionna grumbled some more before obediently following his directions. 

     "And how are you feeling?" He started up the fire again and began to sizzle up some bacon. 

     "Fine, I guess." Fionna replied, returning back to the male's side.

      "Just fine? You got hurt, right? Is your injury alright?"

      "Yeah..." She looked down at her wrapped arm and remembered that she had forgotten to take the medicine Gumball had given to her before she so gracefully knocked him down and left to take refuge in her own home. 

      "Alright, that's a relief to hear..." Marshall pressed his lips together and looked down at Fionna before looking back at the bacon.

     "Why don't you go clean up a bit before you eat? Seeing as how you just couldn't leave my side last night." He chuckled and nudged Fionna in the shoulder. 

      "Whatever!" She laughed in response and turned around to go to the bathroom. 

As she turned on the shower and dipped her head into the water, she began to worry once more. 

Did Marshall hear anything last night when they were back at the Candy Kingdom?

She then began to wonder if Gumball really did mean it when he said he wanted to kill Marshall. It was so out of the blue when he brought it up... and it certainly didn't fail to surprise her when he took out a knife. Would he really have done it? Kill his own friend? Were Marshall and Gumball even friends? They seemed like they were on hostile terms a majority of the time... But maybe it was just a guy thing? 

After several more minutes of thinking to herself, Fionna was forcefully dragged out of her thoughts when she heard a giant clamor occur in the treefort.

Turning off the water and rushing out of the bathroom, Fionna started to cough when she found that a whole chunk of the roof had collapsed and dust had exploded everywhere. 

     "Marshall!" She cried out, whipping her wet mess of hair to one side as she peered into the dust. 

     "AhahAAHAhAaHAAHAaahAAH!!!" A grossly high-pitched laughter resonated throughout the house when the dust settled and Fionna found herself face to face with the Ice Queen and... oh Glob! Was that Marshall trapped in the ice block? 

     "Ice Queen, what are you doing?!" Fionna yelled out, her face slowly contorting into a look of anger and annoyance. 

The woman replied with another snarled chuckle before she began to fly out of the hole in the roof.

     "Giving you a taste of your own medicine! How would you like it if I stole your prince?" 

     "ICE QUEEN!" Fionna cried out again before she desperately looked around for something she could use to stop the Queen. But once she did get her hands on something, it was too late.

Once again, Marshall had slipped out of her hands and fad fallen into danger. 

✿✿✿ Author's Note ✿✿✿

Art by fangcovenly.tumblr.com