☆ Chapter 5: Adventure Time! ☆

"Bored..."

Fionna groaned quietly and rolled onto her stomach. 

     "Boreeeeeeeed..."

She sighed again and traced the lines on the ground with the tip of her finger.

     "Boooooooor-"

She turned rigid when she felt something touch her butt. She propped herself up and quickly looked behind her, only to find Marshall sitting on top of her. She blinked and pressed her lips together, her eyebrows knitting together into a confused expression. It had been three days since Marshall had delivered her the cookies, and ever since then the two of them didn't have any other interaction whatsoever. 

She watched him silently for a moment as he continued to nonchalantly read his book before finally parting her lips to speak. 

     "Marshall, what are you doing?"

     "Um... reading a book."

     "On... my butt?"

     "OH! Is it not a cushion?" The male floated off of her and grinned. 

Fionna felt her cheeks heat up when he got off of her, freeing her to turn back around so she could sit properly. 

     "Hey!"

He chuckled lightly and tossed the book over his shoulder. 

     "So, are you still bored?"

Her face lit up at his question and she placed her hand on her chin.

     "Oh, uh. No."

Marshall grinned.

     "Okay. See you next time!"

Fionna watched the vampire float away with a shocked expression. What was all that about?

     "... Ma-Marshall?" She called out to him before he could completely float away and leave her.

     "I'm listening." Marshall replied with a sing-song voice, slightly turning his head to face the girl. 

     "Maybe... I'm still bored." She murmured softly, averting her eyes away from him. 

     "What?" 

She watched Marshall turn around so he was facing her, a smirk plastered to his face. 

     "..." 

Fionna frowned and grit her teeth. Ugh, he was making her ask for him. This was annoying... but it wasn't like she had anything else to do...

     "Play with me." She puffed her cheeks out and crossed her arms across her chest. 

Marshall replied with a chuckle and helped the girl to her feet.

     "Where's Cake?"

     "Cake went to visit Lord Monochromicorn. I guess she couldn't wait until the ball?" Fionna laughed nervously as she pulled herself off the ground. Promptly letting go of his hand, she wiped her palm against her skirt and gently gnawed on her lower lip.

     "Shall we go on an adventure then?" Marshall suggested, raising an eyebrow at the girl's antsy looking expression.

     "Just... the two of us?" Fionna replied slowly, thinking over the bad possibilities that could happen if she did choose to accept his offer. 

     "Heh, unless you wanted to invite someone else." Marshall smirked and slightly tilted his head to the side.

     "Do you have someone in mind?" He continued, pulling a cap out of his pocket before situating it onto his head.