☆ Chapter 15: Foxtrot (Special Ending) ☆

"Giiiiiiiirrrrllll! You look so hawwwt!" Cake squealed in delight as she watched Fionna come down the ladder.

      "You look so mature and independent!" Cake gushed and began to fan her face with her paws.

      "Awwww, my little baby is all grown up!" 

Fionna giggled and tucked a lock of her behind her ear.

      "Thanks, Cake! You're the sweetest." 

      "Oh, no problem sugar! Now let's get going! We're already a hour late!" 

+++

      "Where is she?" Marshall groaned softly and ran a hand through his hair. 

       "It's been an hoooouuuurrrrrrrr."

Gumball frowned and looked at the watch on his wrist.

      "I don't know. Maybe she ran into some trouble? Though I highly doubt it... and even if she did, she'd be able to take care of herself. Plus, she's with Cake so..." His voice trailed off as he looked up at the entrance of the castle. Still no sign of her. 

Feeling a bit disappointed, Gumball slumped his shoulders down and sighed.

Marshall quickly took note to the Prince's dejected demeanor and quickly floated in front of him.

      "Woah, dude. There's no need to feel so down. She's probably just busy doing her weird human, girly stuff. I'm sure she'll be on her way soon." 

Gumball looked up at Marshall and frowned a bit. 

      "Hmm... if you're so sad about it why don't you go do something that'll get your mind off of things?" 

Gumball turned to look around the ballroom and then directed his attention back to the vampire.

      "Like what?"

Marshall looked around for a moment as well before his face lit up. He grinned and bared his fangs a bit before descending onto the floor. 

      "Shall we dance?" He extended his arm out towards the candy Prince and chuckled. 

      "W-What?" Gumball sputtered, his cheeks darkening to a magenta color. 

     "It's what people do at these balls, right? Dance?"

     "Y..Yes." Gumball replied quietly and looked away. 

      "So then let's dance!" The vampire grabbed Gumball's arm and dragged him towards the center of the room.

      "W-W-Wait a minute!" 

      "There's no waiting in dancing! You just dance!" Marshall teased and snaked an arm around his waist. 

      "Marshall!" The Prince cried out but quickly shut his mouth when Marshall began to swiftly spin the two of them around.

To Gumball's surprise, Marshall proved to be quite the dancer!

The Prince laughed a bit and soon got into the groove as he and Marshall swept along the dance room together. Marshall chuckled in response and continued to spin the Prince around before lifting him into the air. 

While the two males were so captivated with dancing with once another and having fun, they didn't even notice that Fionna had finally arrived at the ball. 

It didn't take her long to spot her two friends dancing with each other, and upon seeing them having so much fun she couldn't help but laugh.

     "What's so funny?"

Fionna turned around and saw Lumpy Space Prince.

      "Hey LSP!" She smiled and approached the other prince.

      "It's nothing. I just saw something nice."

      "Oh... Did you just arrive?"

      "Aha... yeah. Cake and I got caught up in getting ready that we didn't even notice the time!" Fionna rubbed her neck and laughed. 

      "Where's your date?"

      "Hm?"

      "Aren't you supposed to bring a date to these sort of events?"

      "Oh! I guess... yeah."

       "So where is the lucky guy then?"

Fionna blushed at the thought of bringing a date to the ball. 

      "I... didn't bring a date."

      "Oh? Why is that?"

      "I just feel like I need one. I don't need to feel like I'm waiting to be noticed. I know who I am and I'll know what I want if and when it ever comes along."

Lumpy Space Prince scrunched up his face and confusion and stared at Fionna as if she were crazy.

      "Alright... well whatever that means..."

Fionna laughed and shook her head slowly before turning around to watch Marshall and Gumball spin wildly around the dance floor. 

She grinned and laughed again, a wide smile now perched on her lips. 

     "But I'm glad that they found each other."

✿✿✿ Author's Note ✿✿✿

Whew! Finally done! Heheh...

Thanks for sticking around! Y'all are the best! 

Art by kkhoppang.tumblr.com