one,,

two months later

"we're finally here," her mother sighs in relief swiftly opening the car door stepping into the blazing hot sun. "maybe australia will be good thing it'll be a fresh start for the both of us, and at least i'll know we're both safe here at least from... him!" she says offering a sympathetic smile. "maybe," ashely mumble grabbing her luggage from the trunk of the car. ashely was slightly missing her old home in chicago. she left behind everything...

her friends, her family, her home, her entire life... just because she made the mistake of falling in love with the wrong person. but she understood that it was for the best. for the both of them and not only that... she was safe finally! she was away from ethan, and his friends and she didn't have to worry about her mother's safety or her own anymore. plus she was happy. she told me about how she used to love visiting this place with my grandparents as a kid an as soon as she saw one of her branches had an opening she jumped at the chance.

ashely watches as the moving truck made it's way to the house. as the movers unloaded the truck. she was unsure of what to do standing in the corner hoping that she wasn't in their way. "so ash you start school in a few days so why don't you go walk around and check out the town? there's only a few more boxes left in the. i'll start unpacking." she says walking out.

"i'm fine i'll stay with you and help you unpack ma." her mother sighs and walked back to the car to finish grabbing boxes. ashley following behind like a lost puppy walking back in with the last few boxes placing them to the ground next to the door. "mom i changed my mind i'm going to go out and look around." she says grabbing her bag and heading out to the near by coffeehouse she remembered seeing on the drive here. she placed her ear phones in, turn on her music and pressed shuffle.

"boys workin' on empty. is that the kinda way to face the burning heat? i just think about my baby. i'm so full of love i could barely eat. there's nothing sweeter than my baby"

c a l u m

"i'd never want once from the cherry tree. cause my baby's sweet as can be she'd give me toothaches just from kissin' me. when, my, time comes around. lay me gently in the cold dark earth. no grave, can hold my body down. i'll crawl home to her,"

my alarm rung telling me i was almost late for my date with that girl... veronica. diana? denise? i met at ashton's party last night. i quickly rush to the bathroom tripping over my own two feet every now and then. "cal i'm leaving out for work sweetie, i'll be back in the tonight... maybe, okay?" she yells from the downstairs corridor. "okay mom see you later," i reply, as i stumble to my closet grabbing the first pair of black jeans i could find frantically trying to squeezing the tight material up my thighs. "calum someone's at the here for you!" my mother yells. i grab the first shirt insight sniffing to see if it was clean scrunching my nose up at the repulsive stench tossing it to the side only to pick up a new one. i hastily buttoned up my white and black flannel as i run down the stairs.

"hey" the blonde haired girl from last night laughs sitting on the couch as she sees me almost fall down the stairs. "are you ready to go?" i lightly laughed holding my hand out to help her up." i figured we could walk to this little coffee shop that's down the street. it's not that far so it won't be a long walk i promise!" i say opening the door for her.

a s h e l e y

"can i have a large carmel frappe with extra whip cream and caramel on top," i asked the tall, blond haired barista. "sure one moment sweetie," he smiled walking away the small pet name sent waves of heat to my cheeks nervously trying to hide it i took a seat patiently waiting for my name to be called lightly tapping my fingers against the rim of the table. "ashely" i hear the cute barista call my name handing me my coffee and a napkin with his number on it. i walk back to my seat only to see it was taken by a curly dark haired boy. "oh sorry am i in your seat" he frowns quickly standing up to leave. "yeah but you're fine i'll just find a new one" i say giving him a small smile and turning away. "wait what's your name?" he calls out slightly disrupting the small coffee shop causing people to stop and stare. "ashley and you are?" i smiled walking back.

"i'm calum but you can call me cal," he smiles gesturing for me to take a seat. "why haven't i seen you around her before?" he asks propping his elbow up placing his chin in his hand. his soft brown eyes made my heart slightly flutter as they stared into my own. "i-i just moved here from chicago today and i thought i'd look around... well my mom thought it'd be a good idea for me." i slightly laughed taking a sip of my coffee. "mhmm... chicago? so ms. all american what are you doing all the way here in sydney?"

"me and my mom ca-," a good looking tall blonde haired girl cleared her throat behind me as i started to speak. "calum who's this?" she says shooting me a glare. "bryanna? this is-"

"n-no one," i faintly smiled feeling like an idiot. "im no one really i was just leaving," i mumbled as i felt my cheeks turn a violent shade of crimson as my heart sank to my stomach, i panicked i headed for the door completely embarrassed and slightly humiliated. "wait ashely!" calum yelled dashing after me.

*lower case intended*

so what do you guys think so far??