Chapter 1: Christian Dornan...

*3/22/2016 Story Edited*

"Mr. Dornan, Mr. Andrews is on line one." my assistant Andrea tells me over the intercom while I was looking over some documents that I had to sign.

"Thank You Andrea, I will take it." I respond picking up the receiver of my office phone.

"Hello, Mr. Andrews, how are you?" I greet him and continue speaking to him for another twenty minutes about a business deal to buy some property out in Boston, Massachusetts.

"Alright Mr. Andrews I will look over the Proposal and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Hanging up I seat back on my chair and sigh. I've been so busy with all of these deals that had to be approved for the past few months that I am in a serious need of a vacation. But it will have to wait. I have no time right now.

I'm the CEO of two Multi-Million Fortune 500 Companies, one being Real Estate that include selling and purchasing Industrial Properties or taking over Companies that have gone under. The second one is a Telecommunication Company which includes Television and Radio. This company I inherited from my grandfather who passed away five years ago.

I'm the eldest of three, me being 29 followed by my brother Robert who is 27 and my sister Ana who is 22 and got engaged to her boyfriend Jaime of 2 years a few months ago. I feel that she is still too young to get married but she said it was "Love at first sight" when they met. I laugh at the thought...Love is so over rated...only "fools fall in love" like the saying goes...and I'm no fool.

I've been in love once before when I was younger and it only made me weak and vulnerable...I vowed never to feel like that ever again.

People call me Heartless, Cold and even Cruel at times, a Playboy that goes in and out of women to satisfy my own needs and won't bat an eye to dispose them after. I am never seen with my conquest more than once and you will never see me show any type of affection to anyone. It's even hard to show it towards my family. My father taught me that.

"Son, the only way people will ever show you respect is if you don't show them your weaknesses. Compassion, Love and Sympathy are a sign of weakness. When you withhold it from someone, they will crave it and will do anything to receive it...when you hold it from them you hold the power to control them." I remember my father tell me at the young age of 8 when he began to mold me into himself. My mother tried her hardest to teach me otherwise but when your Father was taught the same by his Father drilling it into his mind everyday of his life it's hard to break the cycle.

Do I wish that I weren't the way I am and think the way I think? Maybe at times, but then I remember that the reason I am this successful and have everything I could imagine is because of my way of thinking. Love doesn't pay the bills and compassion doesn't help you climb the ladder. It's a "Dog Eat Dog" world and if you want to stay on top, you have to step on the little people to get there and stay there.

Call me a PRICK...cause I AM!

"Mr. Dornan?" Andrea knocked on the door.

"Come in." I responded as she opened the door to come inside.

"Sorry to bother you Sir but Your 10 am Appointment is here and "DETAILS" magazine sent over a copy of the cover and interview you did last month." she informs me while she walks over to my desk handing me the copy of the magazine. They did a feature on me last month and put me on the cover. I do interviews every few months when I feel like it. I am a very private person but I do have to show face at times to show people I am human after all.