Thank you, Jennifer Holliday

"So... Nice breakfast?" Cody tried and followed Hugo's every move as if he had been there years and years longer.
"I guess.." Hugo looked out over the sea of sandwiches and salads, pancakes, waffles, cornflakes and small pieces of chicken. All students sat in the big dining room and every group had a table. The one for the youngest: 15-16, and the ones from 17-21 and the one for the 22-28 years old. 
Hugo had actually started to plan how to escape the breakfast, but the school was clear on that one: without breakfast = no training nor dancing. They had a guard that checked them off if they walked in and ate.

The young boy had therefor pulled on a hoodie this morning to hide himself and prayed that Simon would leave him alone.
"I won't ask about yesterday but..." Cody whispered, "he's on his way over here..."
Cody was the hero that interrupted Simon last night, and he was Hugo's official roommate. Apparently his bus had been late and that's why he weren't there earlier. When Simon had walked out, Hugo broke down and without even saying 'hello' or explain quickly, he had gone to sleep. He didn't want Cody to know. It was embarrassing.

"Thanks..." He muttered and turned his back to it all, reaching for a sandwich when someone snapped his plate away and instead started to place food on it. Hugo gasped and squinted his eyes helplessly as he looked at the man who (of course ) were Simon.
Simon smirked and kept placing food on his plate.
"So... You had a good sleep?"
Hugo's lower lip shivered and he decided not to answer. He followed Simon and tried to get his plate back.
"Don't worry, darling. I know what you like. Two waffles, no sugar, just whipped cream and a little burned in the corners."
A whimper slipped out of Hugo's mouth. How the fuck could Simon remember that? After two years?!
"You still don't drink coffee?" Simon asked over his shoulder as he instead grabbed the bottle of juice.
"I-I've actually..."
"Oh!" Simon smiled widely and his eyes lit up, "sorry, I forgot you're a big boy now." He patted his back, which made Hugo tense up again.
"Don't worry, I'll get your coffee. Go sit with my buds over there-" he pointed at the big table with the 18 year olds and two young men smiled at him. It was a genuine smile: a normal kind smile that made Hugo feel safe.
Still he didn't want to have anything to do with Simon.
"No... It's against t-the rules. I g-gotta sit w-with...-"
"You're pushing your luck, baby." Simon suddenly said quietly. His tone was raw and annoyed. "You were always bad on taking orders... But we both know how it ended up later."

Before Hugo could defend himself, Cody had grabbed his plate from Simon's grip and snorted.
"We're only doing as the teachers say. Now, if you excuse us..." He grabbed Hugo and pulled him along to the table.
Hugo breathed out and sighed. "Thank you.." He whispered slightly as he sat down next to Cody.
"No problem... I guess he's annoying you a lot huh?" Cody said without looking up from his plate. It sounded more like a fact than a question and Hugo disliked that kind of talk.
"Yes..." He replied shortly and unwillingly dryly, trying to tell Cody that he wasn't in the mood to talk.
"Well, you gotta tell him to leave you alone. I don't wanna come in between..." Cody kept going and grabbed his sandwich, taking a hungry bite of it.
All Hugo knew about Cody was that he was 16, he was very tall and he had sweet eyes and wore a pair of baggy jeans and a cap, that almost made him look like a rapper.

"Are you gonna tell me something that I don't already know?" Hugo snapped, way too loudly. The words echoed into the room and it felt as if everyone were staring at him the short seconds that it got quiet. "Tell me something that I don't already know~know~know~know?!"
These few seconds that Hugo were in the highlight, he had time to first of all look at Cody's expression. He looked hurt, his eyes widened in shock as if he had been beaten up by his cat. His fists clenched around the sandwich and he growled quietly: "Fine.. But you're on your own now!"
The other thing Hugo did before everything went back to normal - everyone eating, the rasping sound from forks and knives and spoons, glasses that cheered and voices that sounded like just a big mess when they mixed together 'oh you got the new CD?' "What do you mean? She made a perfect jump in the mid play!" 'Does this taste funny to you?' "- and then the hippo said; nope, I'm too hip!" -
was turning around and looking at the table Simon sat. His ex was looking back and his eyes were evil while he smiled. The smile gave Hugo shivers and he gulped hard, leaving his food on the plate before he quickly walked out, his legs stumbling in every direction and his cry was stuck in his throat.