Chapter 1

"DIPPER DIPPER COME QUICK LOOK!" I close the journal and turn off the black light, coming to see what crazy thing Mabel has done now.

When I get to the kitchen, I see Mabel covering her feet with a towel, and some pink liquid puddling out, forming a river making its way to the fridge.
"I have come up with the new mode of trasportation and food news! Majestic Mabel has done it again! Watch, as I reveal to you," Mabel whips back the towel, revealing what used to be some sort of -
"ICE CREAM SHOES!!!!"
As soon as she says it, the final clump of ice cream slides off her foot and begins melting at the Lake of pink ice-cream soup. Noticing it, Mabel looked up.

"Iiiiit works best in the fridge."

And in those very few seconds, Mabel has basically been summed up. Even though we're twins, our personalities could almost be called polar opposites.

"So, bro-bro, what are we gonna do today?" I myself had though of this while I was reading the journal, trying to find something new to explore. Grunkle Stan was out doing something probably not legal, and Great Uncle Ford was working in the basement, which meant we have almost the entire day to ourselves.

"Well, I was thinking we could go on a mystery hunt together. We haven't done it in what seems like ages, and I feel like we should get back to it." If only I knew what mystery we should hunt for.

" Mystery twins, back in action! KeBlamo!" If you can't beat em..

"Mystery twins." I repeat, fist bumping my partner in crime. After we head out the door, Mabel asks the one question I've been asking myself all of today - what we're hunting for.

"Well, let's find out! Last one to the forest is a rotten gobleshtomper!" I yell as we race to the trees.

***

It's been an hour and we still haven't found anything. I'm actually quite surprised. I mean, Gravity Falls is usually teeming with the paranormal, but now there just seems to be - nothing.

"Dipper! I think I found something you might want to see!" Shouts Mabel, who split up with me to see if we could find something faster. Finally, something to investigate! I run over, and see her poking and prodding this old police call box. I'd say that maybe it's just been left here a long, long time ago, but I know that we would've seen it by now, plus the grass underneath it looks crushed, like the box just landed on top of it.

"Hm. Good find Mabel. But - why is it here?" I think out loud. Mabel gets up and tugs at the doors - they don't budge.
I flip through the journal, surprised that it never mentions a box like this anywhere. I can't even find it with the black light! Maybe I can show it to Great Uncle Ford, and we can work together to figure out what it is! While I daydream, Mabel is walking around the box, pushing it, seeing if there's a secret door, even talking to it!

"It's not alive, Mabel, it's just an old police box. I think-" all of a sudden I'm cut off, as the doors open, and a man steps out. I'd say the man's in his mid-thirties, with brown hair, and a long brown coat.

"Hm, so this is Gravity Falls. Don't see any signs of" he began, in a British accent. Then, he saw us. "Oy, hello! Who do we have here?"

"Uh" I begin, only to be cut off again, but this time by Mabel.

"Hi! I'm Mabel, and this is my twin brother Dipper. We were just looking for monsters when we came across this police box, and now you're here, and you said hello, and..."

"Yes, well, I'm the Doctor, and I just" He began, but now it was my turn to interrupt.

"The Doctor? Of what? What's your actual name?" I can't tell if I trust this guy or not. He doesn't seem to be doing any harm, but you never know.

" You're the one talking, Dipper," he begins, emphasizing my name. "But I'm the Doctor. Just the Doctor. D-O-C-T-O-R. Doctor. Do you happen to know your way out of this forest? And uh- what day it is?"

There is something really strange about this man. I have to show him to Great Uncle Ford. I pull Mabel over.

"Do you trust this guy." I ask her.
"I don't know. Maybe?"
"Well I think we should take him back to the Mystery Shack to show Great Uncle Ford"
"Good idea bro-bro"

We draw apart, and I turn to face the 'Doctor' or whoever he is.

"We will take you right out. Follow us," and as I turn around, I add "and it's August 15th."

As we lead him back to the shack, Mabel dashes ahead. I decide to stay back. And get to know this guy better. There's something different about him.

"So your name is really the Doctor?"
"Yep."
"Uh, what do you do for a living?"
"Aw, I travel a lot. Meddle in things. In one area off for the next."
"So, why Gravity Falls? I've never seen you before, and in a town so small you know everyone."
"Just... Felt like it I guess"
I don't know how, but I can tell from the way he says that that he's lying. But I don't press it. We're basically at the Mystery Shack now.
"We're here. I'll just get Grunkle Stan out. MABEL! STAY HERE WITH THE DOCTOR" I yell as I go inside. Surprisingly, not just Grunkle Stan is there but Great Uncle Ford is with him, looking like he just ran here from the basement.
"Did you say something about the Doctor?" Asks Ford.
"Yeah, but I've never seen him before and there was this weird blue police box in the woods-" I don't even finish my sentence before Great Uncle Ford dashes part me and out the door. I follow him, with Grunkle Stan grudgingly trailing behind us.
"Doctor?"