" cuz you're not by my side "

Louis looked absolutely fascinated as soon as they entered the place where they had to buy the tickets for the movie from, and his eyes shifted from every bright thing to the next, trying to take in every single object before it left his mind for good. Harry found him absolutely adorable the way his eyes were shining from being fascinated, but it also might have been because he was an angel and that's what they happened to do.

"Everything is so beautiful at the movie theaters," whispered Louis in awe as they moved up in line, standing in front of the counter that a male worker was working behind. He was ogling his eyes at Louis as if Harry wasn't standing directly next to him, and Harry watched as the worker ran a hand through his thick mat of hair and parted his lips while trying to get Louis' attention, and Harry felt a weird sense in the pit of a stomach as he watched.

"Hey, what can I do for you two?" he asked, though it seemed like he was only referring to Louis because he wasn't even glancing Harry's way. Louis turned around to face the guy and smiled brightly just like he did to everyone he met, tilting his head to the side and looking above his head to see the movie choices that were available and about to start.

"Harry, can we see the movie with the clown on the cover? It looks nice." said Louis curiously as he tugged on Harry's shirt sleeve, unaware of the way the worker was checking him out by looking him up and down. Harry clutched his hand and tried to control his frustration, wondering why he felt so protective and possessive over Louis when he literally couldn't give shots about anyone, not even himself. Maybe it was because angels had that effect on people?

The worker interrupted Harry from speaking, and he tapped Louis' shoulder gently before doing so. "It's called Poltergeist, a very scary movie. Speaking of movies, how about after your done watching one with your friend here, you watch one with me after my shift ends. It'll be free of charge."

Louis looked like he was about to agree, so Harry quickly shoved the amount of money that was needed towards the worker with a forced smile and grabbed Louis' hand, ignoring the angel's whining as he tugged him away from the booth and into the hallway of theaters, each door leading to a different movie. "Hey, why did you do that? I was going to get to see another movie for free, and you weren't going to have to pay. Isn't that a good thing?"

"He was blatantly flirting with you, Louis." explained Harry carefully, causing Louis to raise his eyebrow at him and shrug his shoulders as if the whole scenario didn't even matter.

"So what if he was flirting with me. I'm cute and adorable, so I didn't expect any less. What's the problem?"

Harry was frustrated with the boy's carelessness, stopping in the middle of the hall so that he could shoot daggers into Louis' eyes with his own, watching Louis' mood drop as soon as he said: "The problem is that you're dead, and you're not going to be here anymore so there's no use in fraternizing with people who won't care."

"Ouch." said Louis sadly as he looked down at the red floor and snatched his hand away from Harry's, causing the curly haired boy to get a different feeling in his stomach again, but it was different from before. He could see the sadness lurking inside of Louis' blue eyes and started to feel guilty for being the reason behind that, and he couldn't believe that he felt that way. What was wrong with him lately? What happened to being completely immune? "You know what, go to the show without me. I'll be waiting out here when you're ready."

"Listen, Louis. I didn't mean to take it that far, I'm just in a mood."

"That made me upset."

Hearing people say how they were feeling felt weird to hear by Harry for some reason, and it was possibly because everybody in this town learned to keep their mouth shut because no one cared if you were pretty or dying- maybe not even then. Nobody wanted to hear about your feelings because some couldn't relate, so there was no expressing. "Well, what the hell do you want me to say?"

Louis flinched at the word hell and it made Harry want to laugh. "An apology would be nice."

"An apology? For what, telling you the truth?"

"You know what, Harry." said Louis with a quiet huff. "When you need me, I'll come back. For now, I'm just going to be gone. Have fun watching Polter-digest."

Harry was about to tell him that he pronounced the movie wrong, but then the angel was gone, leaving him standing there all alone with his mouth open. He looked around him to make sure that Louis didn't just run impeccably fast away from him, but then realized that the angel really left him using his secret powers, not that he cared. Okay, he cared the tiniest bit, but he wouldn't admit it as he looked up at the ceiling and glared, silently cursing Louis and the heavens above. He just wished that the feeling in his stomach was gone.

.  .  .

Harry's father came home drunk again by the time he got back from the movies, and he was lucky enough that he made it into his room before he had to listen to the old man slur about his misfortunate life due to everyone breathing around him. All he seemed to talk about when he was drunk was how much he hated his wife and how he was pissed off at the fact that Harry was born, claiming that his semen was a terrible friend before passing out on top of their couch.

What a role model his father was indeed.

The angel had still not returned from wherever he was, and Harry was beginning to miss hearing him speak about absolutely nothing but happy things, smiling from ear to ear even when Harry was looking at him with annoyance. Just like before Louis came, he felt the loneliness etch throughout his fingertips and to his toes as he lay in bed in his pajamas, his eyes opened wide as he shut off his lamp.

Everything was quiet in his room, and his hand reached out underneath the cover to look for a familiar body, but there was nothing there. He didn't want to admit that he was feeling depressed without Louis by his side because it would play him off as weak and a loser, plus he had only just met this angel. Why was he feeling so comfortable anyways? He would be gone in a short time period once he realized that Harry can't be saved and that there was no hope for him.

Besides having no one to save him, he still thought about the angel continuously as time passed and until it turned to three in the morning, and he knew that he wouldn't be getting any sleep with knowing that he wasn't being protected or watched over. He wondered if God could hear his thoughts at this time of hour, and if he was trying to send Harry a message that couldn't be deciphered.

Finally he said: "I'm sorry, Louis. Please come back."

There was silence and Harry couldn't tell if it worked as he closed his eyes, but when he felt a hand grab his underneath the sheets, he knew that everything was suddenly okay.

NOTE: it's too early to be this cute larry chill