Padmé sighed. "What about Obi-Wan? Have you heard from him?"

Anakin shook his head. "That's probably who's comming right now. But I'm sure if it was an emergency he would contact the Council. He'll know if I don't answer that I have a good reason."

"I guess." Padmé said, wincing as her baby continued to kick her stomach with brutal force, which it had been doing ever since Luke had been hospitalized.

A knock on the door startled them both and they whirled to see the doctor enter with Kirei behind him. She looked pale and radiated terror, but Anakin couldn't seem to figure out why.

"He's ready for operation. We'll have to ask you both to leave." The doctor said firmly.

"Of course." Padmé and Anakin said in unison, walking out of the room with last worried glances at Luke.

When the door cut them off, Padmé held back her tears, surprised to see Anakin wiping away some of his own. "He'll be alright." He whispered.

Padmé was hesitant before she answered. "Of course he will."

But how could she believe her own lie?

•••

Luke found some form of consciousness amongst the darkness once more, still hearing the faint voices of friends, family, and even enemies.

He still hoarsely called for his father, wondering what was happening and when he would die.

Or was this already death? A never-ending blackness for all eternity? If so, he didn't like it at all.

"Help!" He cried weakly, feeling coldness and poison seep more and more through his veins.

Scenes and blurred images shifted around him, some of the past, some of the present, and some of the future.

He saw Han and Leia again, but only briefly, no contact made with his twin the second time.

He saw Obi-Wan fighting Grievous to the death, killing the creature right after he revealed Luke's big secret. Luke wasn't sure if that had happened already or not, but he really hoped it hadn't. He had already gained his father, mother's, and former mentor's trust, and he didn't want to lose it just yet. Or ever for that matter.

Speaking of his parents, he constantly saw them visiting him, looking all the more weary and nervous as their visits rose in number.

Lastly, he saw a young woman he recognized as the healer who had helped him when he was still affected from the electrocution.

She looked as if she was doing standard medical procedure on him, helping him heal, but he focused and noticed that a needle filled to the brim with poision was being injected into him.

He felt nauseous at the sight of his own pale, fragile, sunken, weak, and thin body cascaded over the cot.

He called out again, the pictures shifting to his time as a boy on Tatooine, major battles against the Empire, people he had yet to meet in his own future, as their faces were unknown, and just all of time melded together in one tiny place.

He fought incessantly against the cold and dark, wondering if he would ever escape and save his father from the dark side like he planned. After the attempt on his life, he now knew exactly how to defeat Palpatine.

The only way to get to the Sith Lord, however, was to survive, which seemed almost impossible at the moment.

Biting cold, even worse than the ice wastes of Hoth, attacked his senses and he shivered, still sorting through the darkness for something to grasp onto. He felt his father's Force signature and brushed against it, his mental fingers just barely reaching it before he was pulled away rather violently.