Chapter 2

"Where are you ladies headed?" On the outside, I looked like I had no problem with him letting himself in my car when, in all actuality, I wanted to throw him out and ram into him repeatedly until I couldn't hear his gurgles and screams.

"Uhh, Trenton. I thought you were in Davis visiting your mom...?" I asked, slightly nervous. He chuckled lowly before answering.

"She made me leave early this year. Something about weed and nicotine not being good for a patient with lung cancer." He scoffed and muttered 'bitch' under his breath. "Besides," he reached up and took my head into his arms before giving me a hard noogie, "I couldn't miss out on hanging out with my girlfriend and her Cole-cole." God I hate it when he calls me that. Asshole.

"Well, you're more than welcome to come with us. That is, if you haven't anything better to do." God, I prayed that he would turn down my offer, but of course Jesus hates me, so he happily accepted. We made our way to the pizza place, me trying to get away from Trenton's side as quickly as possible.

When we got to our destination, Sonya moved into a booth looking at me, as if begging me to sit next to her. I scoffed, as if anybody could stop me, my love.

(Sonya's P.O.V.)

Coley and I sat down after she gave Trent the money to order a pizza and I don't think I could possibly express how happy I am that Coley sat with me. I'm not really in the mood to be groped in a pizza parlour by my sadistic boyfriend. Especially not when my true love is sitting just Two inches to my right. We all ate in silence, Trent sending Coley subtle death stares. I can't help but think he knows about my feelings for her. He sees the way I look at her and he hates her for being the object of my true affections. He's afraid that I'll choose Coley over him. And in a heartbeat, I would. Who wouldn't? She's perfect. Her perfect tan legs, her perfect dirty blonde hair and her amazing stunning hazel eyes that make you lose control.

"Hey, Sonya." Coley shook me gently, pulling me out of my daze and into current reality.

"I'm sorry Coley, what did you say?" I asked as I gently and subtly rubbed her arm. She suddenly looked nervous.

"Uh, umm... Trenton just left so he could invite his friends to go to the field with us. They're going to play baseball." She stated as she glanced out the window at Trent as he spoke loudly in the phone. I rolled my eyes and looked at Coley.

"Great," I rolled my eyes, "we're going to have so much drama." I turned my body so that I was facing Coley completely and grasped her hand. I played with the single ring on her left middle finger and a wave of realization flooded over me. "You still have it." I whispered, and for some reason, I felt like I was going to cry of happiness.

"Yeah Sony, of course I still have it. I have everything you give me." She smiles gingerly at me. I grinned and looked down to my chest and reached into the neckline of my tank top and pulled out a ring on a chain that hung around my neck ever since ninth grade. I showed her my ring and she smiled as she touched the ring, running her fingers along the writing.

"I love you." I whispered. She looked up at me with a baffled expression on her face. I pointed to the word on my ring, then ran my finger along the words of hers before reading the remainder of the words on both rings together. "Forever." She read our rings together and her face fell. I knew what she thought when I said what I did. And she wouldn't be wrong. I just can't tell her because I'm afraid of what Trent would do to her.

I've known she liked me for a while, and it kills me not to make her think the same. Whenever I see her, all I want to do is grab her face and kiss until I can't breath. Even if it meant that I would die, I would keep my Coley safe.

"Come on Sony, I think we should go before Trenton gets impatient." Coley stated as she tugged me out of the parlour with her.

"What took so long Babe?" He asked as he grasped my waist roughly and pulled me in front of him, moving his hips into me as he attempted to slip his hands into the waistband of my denim shorts. I pushed him away when I looked to Coley, who had a disapproving look on her face.

Despite her calm exterior, I knew that she wanted to smash his face in with a baseball bat. The thought of that makes me shutter. But a good, aroused shutter. One that would make me want to jump Coley even more than I usually do.

After about ten minutes in the car, we got to the field, met by Trent's friends holding six packs of beer and baseball equipment. As soon as we parked in the field, Coley blasted the radio on a CD that she bought Friday night, after Trent went to his mom's. She grabbed a blanket out of the trunk, seeing as though it's mid November and getting chilly. Without even closing the passenger door, Trent ran to his friends and took a few beers.

Suddenly a song comes on and I can't help but dance to this unfamiliar song.

(Coley's P.O.V.)

Oh my God she's so fucking cute. She took the blanket out of my hands and pulled it around herself as she danced dorkily to "Girls Like Girls" by Hayley Kiyoko. The song was so accurate and fitting for my situation that that, along with Sonya's spinning causes me to laugh immensely. That was until she started to dance more slowly, making it more intimate and sensual. I looked over at Trenton and saw that he wasn't even looking our way.

He was too busy throwing beer bottles in the air and hitting them with a baseball bat. God I wish that was his face...

I turn my head in time to see her bite her lip, sending a rush of heat to my ears. She spun the blanket around my head and it caused me to get stuck.

Naturally, I tried to pull myself out of it, causing us both to crash to the ground in a fit of giggles, the blanket slowly falling onto us. I turned my head to look at Sonya, who was doing the same as I. Our faces were close together and I could feel her breath on my nose. God her breath smelt like the gum she's chewing.

"I love you," I said before grabbing her ring and putting up to mine. "Forever."