"Clara!" she groaned, following behind me. "You need to come, okay? I can't stand being with Damon in a room, even if it's crowded."

   "What do you want me to do, Elena?" I groaned, walking to the car. "Do you want me to come along and help you keep him under control? I can't, and I wont. You want to know why? Because I don't trust Mason either, and I think that what Damon's doing is a good idea..."

   "Clara!" she whined again, stopping me from getting inside my car. "Please."

   "No, Elena," I sternly said, almost as if I were speaking to a child. "You said a werewolf bite was lethal to vampires, right? I don't think it matters whether it's full moon or not for their venom to work. All that tells me to steer away from wolf-boy." I got in the car and turned it on, rolling down the window to look at her. "If something happens, you know my phone number." Without another word from her, I drove away. 

   My first thought was go to Caroline's and help her, but she didn't want anyone to bother her. So, the next best place to go would be back to the boarding house. I walked in, eyebrows furrowed when I didn't feel a presence. Then, Stefan came up from the basement, hands in his back pockets. 

    "What were you doing down there?" I asked, crossing my arms. 

   "Would you believe me if I told you that I was tying up Katherine?" he asked, letting out a sigh.

   "No..." I moved around the table and grabbed the glass that was half-filled with blood, and then took a small sip from it. "Okay, yeah, I believe you." I laid the glass down, nodding and making a face. "You don't drink human blood, and that's definitely it." I walked over to him, cleanig my upper lip from any remaining  blood. "Now, let's go down to Katherine. I want to welcome the bitch." 

   He hesitated, but nodded and turned to walk right back down the stairs. I could hear Katherine groaning as we came closer, and the sound of her in pain made me happy. There was a smirk on my lips by the time I walked into the cell, or whatever it was, to see Katherine chained down on a chair. From what I could see, she was drugged up in vervain.

   "Katherine," I greeted, leaning against the table with Stefan. "It's so lovely to see you again. How are you? Does it hurt? Oh, what kind of question is that? Of course it does, it's vervain."

   "Clara..." she groaned, rolling her eyes. "I thought I would never have to see you again."

   I shrugged my shoulders. "Hm, we don't always get what we wish for. Part of, you know, life."

   "Now, where were we?" Stefan cut in, crossing his arms. "That's right; you were going to tell me why you came back to Mystic Falls, weren't you?"

   Katherine looked at him. "You don't have to do this." It sounded like she was begging.

   "Answer the question," he spat. 

   "I came back for you," she confessed, looking into his eyes. 

   Stefan was annoyed by her answer, I could tell. He sat up and grabbed the gloves from the small dirt mound behind us. "We're gonna play by my rules now," he threatened. He marched to the plants that were growing on the other side and plucked one out, walking back to us. My brows furrowed as I watched the purple flower sway lightly as he moved. When he came close to me, I took a step away. Vervain was like fire to vampires; you know when you let your hand too close to a flame, and the heat licks your skin like a cat's tongue and the pain is just unbearable? Vervain was like that to vampires.

   Stefan stepped closer to Katherine, held her by the neck, and brushed the flower down her cheek. She screamed and tried to pull away. "Answer the question," he hissed close to her face.