Broken

Anakin strode into the crowded cantina. His dusty tunic and muddy boots gave him the appearance of just another farmer on the small planet. His lightsaber was a reassuring weight underneath his worn cloak.

The cantina patrons were mostly human, but Anakin noticed a few humanoid aliens keeping to themselves. The mood among the humans was rowdy and joyful.

He took a seat at the bar. The burly bartender glanced at him, then poured him a beer. Anakin took a sip, trying not to grimace. The beer was watery and slightly warm.

A spotlight shone on a Twil'lek dancer, twirling across the small dance floor. She was quite the distraction for several of the inebriated patrons.

The song ended and the dancer took a bow before slipping through a small curtain in the back of the room. The groups of men sitting around the scattered tables resumed their conversations and the noise in the cantina grew.

Anakin waited impatiently. He and his clones had been searching for nearly two months for his missing Padawan in between their military assignments. Never in his life had he been so relieved as when he had heard rumors of a captured Jedi girl with scars. Captured meant that Kiara was alive.

Often they had picked up bits and pieces of informations from their Separatist prisoners. One man had swore he'd seen a small Jedi girl in a cantina on Tatooine.

Anakin had searched and searched but found nothing, only the faint memory among the cantina scum of a dancing girl with scars. He inquired at every possible bar and cantina that his unit came across on their missions.

When they had the time, Anakin and Jak followed up on every possible lead. They had carefully traced Kiara from one cantina to another. Once they knew what to look for, it was easy to follow her trail. 

Now they had traced her to this smelly cantina on the remote planet of Dantooine. Anakin reached out in the Force and tried to sense her presence, but felt no one except the increasingly rowdy men.

The red tattered curtain slowly opened. A human dancing girl stepped out.

She was small and very slender. Her attire was the skimpy costume of a dancer, exposing her midriff and most of her legs. Her sparking blue skirt barely reached the middle of her thighs, and a thin film of fabric billowed out behind her, attached to the skirt.

Her bare arms and back were covered in ropy scars. They were decorated by silver paint, giving her an exotic and mysterious look. Her red hair fell like a waterfall of fire down her back.

The noise in the bar ceased for a moment as the men stared, stunned by her beauty. Then the whistles, catcalls, and even declarations of love began.

The dancer ignored them all and stood as a statue in the center of the dance floor, her back to Anakin.

As the music began, she twirled around.

Anakin looked into the sad, broken eyes of his Padawan.

Oh my gosh everyone thank you so much for all of your support and votes and comments!!!

It really means a lot to me!

I do apologize for leaving this story for so long. Thank you for sticking with me!

I should be able to update regularly now that I've finally conquered writer's block!

Seriously though, you guys are the best :)