The struggle

"She's been gone a month! She could be anywhere in the galaxy by now!" Anakin growled at the flickering hologram of his former master.

"I know. I've spoken to the Council again but their answer is the same. You have to focus on the war effort first. We cannot let the Republic fall" Obi-Wan. "We'll find her as soon as the war is won. I promise" Obi-Wan tried to sound convincing.

Anakin just nodded, hanging his head in defeat.

"But I promised her I'd protect her" he whispered to himself as the hologram shut off.

He thought back to that day.

Anakin and Kiara had been staking out a Separatist base. They planned the attack for dawn, and had settled down for a restless sleep on the hard ground.

He had taken the first watch. Kiara had curled in a ball and fallen asleep.

She began moaning, as if in pain. He tried to ignore it, but she sounded so hurt. Within a few minutes, the moans had escalated to screams.

He had shaken her shoulders and she awoke with wild and tear filled eyes.

Anakin had taken her into his arms and rocked her back and forth as she trembled and cried silently.

Then and there, he promised her that he would never let anyone hurt her again.

Kiara had looked up at him with a tiny flicker of hope in her eyes.

Anakin had realized that his Padawan was broken. She was broken, but he could help her. He could fix her, take away her pain and help her to learn to laugh again.

Now she was gone, and he had no idea where.

He had tracked her to the Separatist base on that horrible planet a month ago only to find it empty.

She had been taken away.

At night, all Anakin could think about was her soft brown eyes looking at him, pleading with him to help her.

He has failed her as he had failed his mother.

With these thoughts whirling in his head, Anakin sank to the ground and put his head in his hands.

He had failed his Padawan.

................

HEY EVERYONE!!!!! I'm so sorry this took so long...life has been a little crazy recently.
My great grandma passed away recently at the age of 100 (yes really, she was 100 years old!) so I didn't really feel like writing. We were really close to her.

Requiescat in pacem, Busha (rest in peace)

But I know she's in Heaven watching over me :)

As usual, please tell me what you think! Votes and comments always make my day :D