Chapter One

It's been nine years since Naruto and Sasuke left Konoha with Orochimaru. At first, both boys thought it was the worst decision they had ever made. For the first two years the Snake Sanin would experiment on them. They were just two more test subjects to him. By that time they were ten years old and held more power in their young bodies than any one Orochimaru had come across. Maybe that's why the man had grew to like them so much...because out of all his experiments they were the most successful. He would like to believe that was the case, but the truth was he regretted what he did to the boys. Which was strange because he had never cared about the hurt he caused, but when he saw the light drain from Naruto's sky blue eyes he was reminded of himself. Then there was the Uchiha who always would always try to protect his adopted brother, often getting injured so his brother wouldn't have to. And then Naruto would heal him while scolding him to no do stupid things. It brought back memories of when he was young and on a Team with his old friends, Jiraiya and Tsunade.

So after two years, all experiments stopped. However, the damage was done, especially to Naruto. While there were sometimes his old persona showed, it was just while they were on missions. Now the boy is quiet, never smiles, and is like a shell of his former self. Though, he is still loyal to Orochimaru as is Sasuke. Especially since after the experimenting stopped he actually started forming a bond with the children. They were still so young that even through the hardship that was put upon them, they still forgave the man at the promise to treat them as they were his family. Which he did. Besides the harsh training they had to undergo, they were and still are content with their life.

"Sasuke, father needs to speak with us. It's about a mission." Said boy looked up to meet his black haired brother. He can't help but miss the blonde hair the boy once had. The change had been caused by one of Orochimaru's experiments. That's why, unknown to Naruto, Sasuke would never care for the man as his brother does. Not after the pain he cause them. However, that doesn't mean that he completely resents the sanin, no, he still sees the man as his father. For nine years he's all they've known, and with them being almost 18 he's probably the only family they'll ever know.

As the boys walked to meet Orochimaru they talked about what the mission could be about. They assumed that it was going to be quite important because their father had halted them going on mission for months and had increased their training. Though, the only thing that was important to Sasuke was that he kept his brother safe through whatever Orochimaru was planning to have them do.

"My sons..." The snake man paused as the two bows stood from their slight bow. It was a habit from when they called him Master instead of father. They had been told it wasn't necessary, but a lot of things from that time were burned into their brain.

"As I'm sure you've been told, Sasuke, I have tasked you two with a mission. I would not have assigned this particular one to you both if I didn't think it would be the most tactical. You both will be traveling to Konoha to spy on the Hokage as well as Kakashi Hatake." 

After Orochimaru was done speaking, Sasuke looked over to his brother. His face was emotionless, but the rage in his eyes were crystal clear. It somewhat made the Uchiha glad to be able to see the usually dull eyes regain some of their life. And it was not only Sasuke who noticed,

"I will not be leaving you both their long. Just until the Chunin exams and then Kabuto and I will be their to retrieve you. That mean you have until then to gather as much information on the Village's weaknesses.

As for how we will get you both back in the village...You both will be sent to an old hide out and we will tip off Konoha about your sighting. When they arrive I want you both to act weak and hurt. Make them believe you've been held captive so they'll be less suspicious."

Neither of them said anything just nodded their heads. However, Sasuke had to hold back a sneer. In his mind all he was thinking was,"It won't be hard to pretend when that's how we spent two years with you." , but he would never be bold enough to say it out loud. He knew that even if Orochimaru cared for them now, he did not tolerate disrespect from anyone.

"We don't have time to waste. I have already sent someone to inform Konoha, so I will be taking you both to the hideout now."

Again, the boys just nodded. They didn't need to grab anything because it wouldn't be necessary for their mission. So, they both followed behind their father to their next location. However, even though they didn't show it they were both anxious to step foot back in their old village. Though, Sasuke knew Naruto was worse off than him. He remembers the times when they were younger and the former blonde would confess that he would rather stay with the torment of Orochimaru than return to Konoha. He remembers the words like he heard them yesterday,

"I probably will never leave here, Sasuke. I would rather stay with Orochimaru because at least it isn't out of hatred that he hurts me. The physical pain I can endure, but knowing they hated my existence...knowing they would kill me just for what I am ...that hurts way more."