Prologue

Naruto had always been alone. Nobody ever wanted to get close to him unless it was to beat him. He knew it was because they hated and feared him, but he didn't know why. He had always tried to use his manners like the Hokage told him to, but that didn't work.
He felt like he was a nobody. Especially because his lack of last name. Hiruzen, the Hokage, had told him that he didn't have one because his parents had probably died in the war and were unknown. Not only that, but there was always a feeling of loneliness in the boy's heart. Ever since he was kicked out of the Orphanage he was placed in a small apartment who was owned by a man who seem to take enjoyment in seeing Naruto suffer.

However, he there was another little boy who shared a similar fate as Naruto. Though, he once had a family, the Uchiha Clan. Everyone except Sasuke Uchiha had been wiped out by his older brother, Itachi. That night is still and probably will forever be imprinted into his brain. The blood surround the unmoving bodies of his family. But the most traumatizing thing he had witness that night was seeing his brother pulling out a blood soaked sword from their mother's chest and her body falling limp to the ground.

While both boys were very different, they were the same in the fact that they were alone.

Until they met each other.

"Hey! What are you doing in my spot?!" A boy with midnight black hair yelled. He marched up to the boy with hair like the sun intending to move him, but he stopped when he seen the other flinch. That's when he noticed the bruises and wounds that littered the blonde's body. Terrified blue eyes stared up as he tried to apologize and explain, but it only came out as a stuttered mess.

"It's fine, geez. But it is late, you should get home before your parents get worried." There was a long pause before there was a quiet whisper of 'I don't have any parents'. He felt empathy for the other child sitting in front of him. He knew what it felt like to be alone.

"...My names Sasuke. Sasuke Uchiha." He was surprised when he got a bright smile in return as well as an extended hand,

"I'm Naruto!" As they shook hands, Sasuke thought it was strange that he only introduced himself with his first name. Though, the boy was an orphan and it was highly likely he just didn't know it.

Since neither of the boys had no where to go, they sat by the water and talked. Sasuke was shocked to find how hyperactive Naruto was given how reserved he had been at first. However, unknown to both boys they were being watched. The man who had been spying on them has had his eye on them for a while and now that they had met it was a perfect time to introduce himself.

The snake like man jumped from the tree he was in and walked into the clearing. Naruto has noticed him first and then Sasuke, surprisingly, took a protective stance over the smaller boy.

"Who are you?" The Uchiha's tone was cold for a child. It made the man let out a chuckle,

"I'm not here to harm either of you. My name is Orochimaru. I used to live here in this village. So, I know how lonely it can be. Wouldn't you think so?"

Because the boys were so young they found comfort in knowing another person felt how they did. They didn't think about any underlying motives of the man especially because they didn't know of him or what he had done. Seeing the two relax, Orochimaru continued his speech to sway them,

"I have came here because I see how lonely and unhappy you both are, and I wish to help. If you choose to, you could come with me. I will care for and train you to be the best ninjas ever known." After a moment of thinking and talking it over with each other, both boys decided to go with the man. A sly smile made its way on Orochimaru's lips as he picked the children up and disappeared in a poof of smoke.

It had taken two missed days of the academy to confirm the boys had gone missing. A search party was issued for the last remaining Uchiha, and three Anbus volunteered to search for Naruto, but there was no trace of either of them.

——

With quarantine and everything else going on I thought I would edit and republish some of my old books. So yeah 😅