Bottom line, I knew what I was doing.

And now I was helping Ethan.

All-star player, smartass, playboy-jerk-wad Ethan Stone. It was insane. The guy was really popular in the girl department too, so as the school's cupid it was practically a duty to know who this guy was.

Right now though, my target was Brianna Kent. Ethan's ex – emphasise on the ex-part – girlfriend. The rumours had spread around the school quite quickly, but I was already on it. For now I had to ignore the fact more and more girls were starting to swoon over Ethan at the news, and potentially damage my Get-Her-Back mission.

So, that particular day I found it a natural custom to sit at least a row or two, or maybe three, away from Brianna and her friends, just to collect information for my new task. I knew eavesdropping wasn't the classiest of habits, but I needed the data. And I needed to understand how Ethan and Brianna came to break up.

And I was great at eavesdropping.

I was also thankful the cafeteria was particularly empty today. It was probably the stew. No one likes the stew. The stew is awful.

Don't get the stew.

I was sat two rows down from her 'posse', my homework laid neatly out across the table while I secretly had my notebook out in front of me and started taking notes. It was my favourite notebooks, heart shape designs, pink clouds and everything. Totally appropriate for my business. Not that it was really a business. Something like that.

Brianna was easy to spot out amongst her friends. Mostly because it was the same face that used to give me dirty looks in the corridors or make snide remarks at me during class. Now she mostly ignored me.

Why the heck was I even trying to save this girl's relationship?

Part of me knew why though.

Because it was a challenge. It was different, and it was going to be thrilling. As much as I disliked the girl, putting two broken pieces back together did bring me joy in its own way. It was sort of like creating my own real life romance novel.

Brianna Kent.

Luscious natural and evenly coloured blonde hair falling just past her shoulders that was golden all around. Like, dang. Hair like that had to be illegal or something.

Her eyes were a dark blue, almost black, but the colour in them stood out much more. She always seemed to have perfectly arch shaped brows and a sweet-heart shaped face. Her lips were pouty and pink that shined through her light beige skin. As the polar opposite of me, she was pretty much model height and had what I liked to think of as a more slender shape.

She was like a living-breathing Barbie doll.

If I had to describe Brianna with one word, well, a lot of them would come to mind, but that would be inappropriate. The honestly fitting one would be 'classy' though.

As much of a snappy B-word Brianna could be, she had class. She carried herself like a queen, which she probably thought she was, and talked in a rich chirpy voice which at times feigned the creepiest welcoming attitude despite us knowing what a beast she really was inside. Brianna liked to do things her way, and she was pretty much a natural born leader. Where she went, her she-devils followed. Just like Ethan, she was a straight A* student, but her confidence levels were much worse than his.

The girl would spit on you and practically call it a compliment.

Sometimes I'd wonder why Ethan would date her, but the answer was pretty obvious. And if we were being realistic, they sort of did suit each other just fine.