Ch 79: The Best Way to Kill a Mood.

Start from the beginning

I frowned, "how will we even get the press here?"

"they are always eager to chat with me lily child, alway eager for photos and such."

That man could be an evil genius.

Kaden shook his head, "you are forgetting father. he will never stand for it."

"He won't have a choice but to allow it, nasty as us vampires can be we tend to frown upon the beheading of frighted changelings. Especially when they are easy on the eyes and have a prince and a lord standing beside them."

Kaden seemed to think this over, "that would invoke fathers wrath, you know he will take it out on you."

"I also know you love that woman and I have spent far too many years turning my back on you and living under fathers boot. He cannot kill his only proper heir and as far as I am concerned I owe you at least this much Kaden. You deserve to be happy even if he does not think so."

I smiled, blinking away tears.

Aldric was such a good littler brother sometimes.

Kaden rubbed his hands over his face, "this is going to be a mess if we chose to do it."

"I want to Kaden."

"I know. Therefor its already a mess, think Calla."

I rolled my eyes, "I am thinking. Im thinking I love you and you would look really good with tiny Calla fangs imbedded in you for all of eternity."

"I don't know baby."

"I do. Kaden I want to be with you for as long as I possibly can and forever just became a possibility. If you don't want the same tell me. If you do, get off your ass and start tricking a scientist. We have been taking risks since the being whats one more?"

He shook his head, "its everything."

"Its not like you can't talk to the man about what he's going to do to me. I don't even have to go through any of the tests-"

"Which makes me nervous in itself they are there to make sure your strong enough."

"I am strong enough, I know it. Kaden look at the opportunity we have been given, don't you want this?"

Nodding he groaned, "of course I do. It would be marvelous to wake up 100 years from now and still have you beside me."

"And now you can!"

"Love I think you are forgetting I can't just up and announce my involvement with my former pet right after shes turned."

"...we'll give it some time, we can keep it a secret and pretend we fell in love when you were training me in how not to kill entire towns when I'm hungry."

He was silent.

"And then you can sink your fangs into my neck and I yours."

Donavan who had been watching on silently whistled lowly, "whelp he's done for. done deal, finished. Game over. Crazy blonde cat lady with the pretty face wins."

Kaden however, was still silent.

I ran cupped his face in my hands, "just think about it honey, we could actually hold hands in public, we could go to those fancy parties and vacations without a leash, we could get married, I..we could have kids one day."

The look that flashed across his face gave it away.

He was done for. "I have to be with you when the process starts."

"I wouldn't want anything else."

"You have to actually pay attention to what he says."

"of course."

"..when this is done when  you're no longer human you can't regret it there is no going back."

"The only way I will ever regret this is if you stop loving me, I may not agree with vampire I may have thought them evil but after meeting you how could I not see the world differently. I love you and I would throw away everything a million times over just to be with you."

He smiled at me, his eyes worried, "promise me you won't give up halfway through and leave me alone."

I sniffled a bit, "Oh Kaden, haven't you realized this yet? You won't ever be rid of me if I get a say in things. and to be frank if my body can take you on it can do anything."

He chuckled a bit kissing me softly, "never stop being you my beautiful little flower."

"Why would I ever stop wanting to be the girl you love?"

Kaden didn't say anything he just kissed me again.

Aldric on the other hand ruined our moment by informing us I have three days to get my shit together and get ready to be turned into a leach.

Well I think I learned the best way to kill a mood.