Chapter Five

El@ina

Today was an okay day...i guess. During lunch, Peter sat with me outside and he told me a few things about himself: like how much he loves football and where he grew up. I of course had to tell him a few things about me, and there was not much to tell, so I kinda lied...

I know, I know! It's a wrong way to start a new relationship, but you can't expect me to tell him about my horrible life. I don't like it one bit when people judge or pity me.

Besides, it was not a really big, bad lie. I only told him  that I play Volleyball (not true), I love fishing (so not true), and that I am flexible...kind of true. But hey, he found that attractive...well not really, he said"Nice".

Just when he asked me about my family and my father, the bell rang. Thank god. I said goodbye to Peter and rushed to fifth period. I sat in my usual seat and copied some notes in my.

I'm not so sure if Kevin is okay or not. This morning he looked quite angry, but not at me at least. He barely glimpsed at me today. And believe it or not, that's good. That's really good.

I smiled and I thought to myself of how great my day have been far.

Kevin storms through the classroom door and fishes out a green note book and, and took some notes as well.

"Good afternoon Kevin" mrs. Davies coos.

Oh so she could say hi to him instead of people who actually comes to school to learn. Just as I thought about how totally unfairly mrs. Davies has been, I caught Kevin peeking at me through the whole he caused through his elbow as he curved it to write on his book.

I cleared my throat, causing him to quickly look away. Okay...that was weird. I tried to concentrate on my work when I heard a shuffle. He sat on the seat that was right next to mine.

There was a moment of silence as the second bell rings and students come into the class. Mrs. Davies starts talking about an individual protect and how it will be fifty percent of our grades.

"Elaina," he whispers.

I inhaled deeply and acted as if I did not here him.

He reached out from his desk to mine and tapped his finger on it. "Elaina" he whispers again,"Please "

Please!?!? What the hell. There is definitely something wrong with Kevin today. Definitely.

"What could you possibly want this time Kevin?" I hesitated to look at him, but eventually, I did,"We did not have home work yesterday."

He sighs. "I KNOW that. I just need to talk to you-"

" Elaina, Kevin, Is there anything that you wish to share with the class?" mrs. Davies said from the front of the classroom

All the boys and girls' attention were now on us. I shook my head.

"N-no" I played with my fingers as I stared down at my desk. Another detention would not be a good thing for now. Or ever

She carried on with her teaching , just as Kevin carried on with annoying me.

"Look" he says,"I know that I've been a little mean to you past these days-"

A little? -_-

"-but the truth is that, I need your help.."

"You need MY help?" Who is this guy, and what did he do with Kevin.

He nods his head, slowly.

"Just for the rest of the school year. I need you to help me with my classes and stuff, you know like math and reading.." he shrugs.