“Good morning.” Hank said cautiously; apparently afraid that she was going to break any minute.

“I’m fine, Hank.” She only said before she started washing her face.

“I.. I know.” He said while he put on his suit.

They stayed silent afterward. The guard who called names came and after an hour, the breakfast buzz came, and everyone got out except for her.

She was too tired, she was ok for skipping breakfast and sleep. Her breakfast would get stolen anyway. That the way it got after Julian’s big stunt.

“Aren’t you coming down, sugar?” speaking of the devil.

“Why do you care?” Joanna answered Julian who was leaning against her cell door.

“I don’t. Just want to see who’ll pick on you today at breakfast?” he said rubbing his hands together, almost excited, and Joanna snorted.

“You are pathetic, Drake. You know that.” She said.

“I know.” He said, straightening up and ready to leave. “But I don’t believe it.” He smirked devilishly before stuffing his hands in his pockets and striding off.

Joanna pushed herself up the desk chair she was setting on and went straight to the food hall.

“Are you done?” Tom, the showers guard, said to her cheerily as she give the cleaning equipment back.

“Yup, all clean and sparkly.” She said. “Well, maybe not that sparkly.” She joked and Tom giggled. She felt at ease with him. He was so cute comparing to other guards.

She said goodbye and went back. She wanted to sleep so badly. But her days weren’t as easy as before. Now she had to be on her guard all the time. Everyone was trying to bully her. An unfriendly punch on the back, a destroyed book, stolen food, a dirty word. She’d take it all. The only thing she took real care of was her underwear’s and her Monte Cristo book.

Julian wasn’t feeling satisfied. He woke up last night at Joan’s screaming voice at night. Actually, half the prison unit woke up at it. He refused to believe he was having nightmares because of him. Because Joan was having them before. But before, he would usually pant and gasp and not scream.

This experiment had gone far for too long. Julian thought that Joan would give in and admit his lose, instead he gotten more stubborn and Uncle Sam and everyone else is after him now. How much more pressure could that kid take?

“Ju.. Julian!” someone called him from the back, and he knee exactly who.

“Well, if it isn’t the slinky’ snitch!” Julian said sarcastically as he spun and faced Hank.

Hank looked at him, almost trembling and Julian smirked at the site of him.

“Would you stop bullying Joan?” He said slowly. Julian was surprised a little. He wasn’t expecting that.

“And you are saying this as what, his lawyer or his boyfriend?” Julian mocked his old friend, tilting his head to the side.

“As his friend, ofcoarse!” Hank said.

“Well, Snitch, I am not the one who’s bullying him. Everyone else is, though.”

“But you can stop them. You.. You started it!”

Julian was stunned. For four years, Hank hadn’t spoken to him like that, especially not to defend someone else. He had to give his courage some credit. But he didn’t.