Chapter Forty-Five

Chapter Forty-Five

All that I know about us is that beautiful things never last

That's why fireflies flash

"You guys were amazing! Thanks so much!" Oliver screams out before running off the stage, pulling me into a hug the second he reached me. 

"Let go of me, you're all sweaty!" I shrieked, trying to push him away but he just held onto me tighter. He presses his lips to my cheek before resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you." He says, kissing my shoulder before finally letting go of me. I could only smile before standing up on my toes so that I could kiss his cheek. 

"I love you too." 

"Good, it would be really awkward if you didn't." Oliver smiles, looking genuinely happy. I return his smile, grabbing his hand as Tracy walks backstage. 

"Alright boys, let's get out of here." Tracy says, already walking past us and towards the other three boys. Oliver shakes his head, but a smile was still on his face. We followed Tracy out of the venue, Oliver's fingers laced with mine as we reached the cars. 

"Do you think A.J. and I could take a separate car? I have somewhere I wanna show him."  Oliver asks as soon as we get outside. Tracy stops in her tracks, turning around with an unamused expression on her face. 

"Do you not remember what we talked about the other day?" Tracy asks, folding her arms across her chest as she looks at Oliver. 

"I do, but it's not like anyone's going to be looking for us. It'll only be for like an hour." Oliver shrugs, looking at Tracy hopefully. Tracy lets out a long sigh s she shakes her head. Oliver's face falls, a sad look on his face as it appeared that Tracy wasn't going to let us go. 

"One hour." She says, throwing the keys to the second car to Oliver. Oliver smiles brightly at that, pulling me towards the second car as he yells a quick thank you to Tracy. He helped me into the car before running to his side and climbing in. 

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked him as he pulled out of the parking lot. 

"It's surprise... I found it last time I was here, and I just know you're going to love it." Oliver talks excitedly, risking a quick glance towards me before returning his attention towards the road. 

"You and your surprises." A fond smile forms on my face as I shake my head. 

"I know you love them, don't even try to deny it." Oliver says, reaching across the middle to grab my hand. I laced my fingers with is, looking over at him as he continues to drive. 

"I hate surprises." 

"But you don't hate my surprises. There's a difference." Oliver points out, grinning from ear to ear as we stop at a red light. I just rolled my eyes at him, finding him a little too adorable to handle tonight. 

"I suppose." 

"How's bear doing?" Oliver asks after the light turned green, moving his hand from my grip and onto my stomach. I smiled softly before resting my hand on top of his.

"He was moving all over the place earlier, he's quieted down since the concert though." 

"He's probably gonna be a soccer player or something." Oliver chuckles, shaking his head a little as he continues to drive.

"My mum would be more than proud with that. He wanted me to be a soccer player, but then I realized that physical activity was gross." I scrunched up my nose, even the idea of playing soccer or attending soccer games made me sick to my stomach. 

"What about your dad? Was he ever into sports?" Oliver asks and I can't help the loud obnoxious laugh that comes out. 

"My dad was a lanky teenager who could barely walk on his own two feet, he couldn't play sports to save his life." Oliver laughs at that, nodding as we finally get to wherever the hell it was. He parked the car and climbed out, running over to my side before I even got the chance to open the door. He helped me out, grabbing my hand instantly as soon as both my feet were on the ground. 

"Are you going to tell me where we are?" I asked again, looking around but honestly not seeing anything. Oliver just grins before walking forward. It was a minute or two before I saw what it was he wanted me to see. On top of the hill we had the perfect view of the city lights, which were still bright and vibrant against the night sky. Oliver stood behind me, wrapping his arms around me before resting his chin on my shoulder. 

"How'd you find this place?" I asked, staring at the view in amazement.

"It was just a little after you left... I couldn't sleep so I borrowed one of the cars and just went driving. I ended up stopping here to clear my head... mainly due to the fact that it just reminded me of that time we went to field and you told me... You told me that no matter where I was, we'd always be looking at the same moon... So when I found this place... I felt like I still had a part of you." Oliver whispers, holding me as close as he could. I didn't have it in me to say anything, a comfortable silence falling between the two of us as we just stood there. 

Looking at the same moon.

------------------------------------------------------------

And there's chapter forty-five. 

This story is almost over and I will still be doing the sequel. So thank you to everyone who let me know that you wanted it... so yeah.

Comment

and

Vote

Connnie xx