Chapter Twenty-Seven

And when you come back in from nowhere

Do you ever think of me?

"What?" I took a step back, looking at Oliver as if he had lost his mind. Oliver looked a little shocked himself, his mouth wide open as he looked at me.

"I'm sorry... It just... It felt like the right thing to say... I.. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you Alex..." Oliver says, looking down at the ground now as I continue to look at him. I wasn't really sure what to say to that...

"Oliver..."

"You don't want to get married."

"Well... Not yet. It's just... I just turned eighteen Olly.. I'm not ready for that stage of my life yet." I said honestly, biting my bottom lip as Oliver lets out a heavy sigh.

"I know... but we're having a baby... Aren't you supposed to get married before you have the baby? Or are you not ready for that either?" Oliver's voice sounded somewhat bitter at the last part and I arched my eyebrows at that.

"Are you?" I retorted, stepping away from Oliver completely as I crossed my arms over my chest. Oliver looks a little taken aback at first, almost shocked that I had even asked him that question.

"Of course I am..." Oliver said, but I could tell he was lying to me.

"No you're not." I said, shaking my head before heading to walk inside. I didn't really care if Oliver went after me, I was cold and if we were going to have this conversation I wasn't going to do it outside.

"Will you stop walking away from me?" Oliver nearly shouted once we got inside, looking a little angry.

"Are we really going to do this now?" I asked him, turning around to face him.

"We both know that if we don't, we're just going to ignore it. We can't keep doing that Alex, it's tearing us apart."

"The only thing tearing us apart is you. You're the one who doesn't trust me." Oliver flinches at that but he glares at me after he regains his composure.

"You're still f ucking hung up on that? I already said I was sorry. Besides, it's not just me and you know it. You're the one who never tells me how you feel, you think I'm stupid or something? You haven't been the same since you found out you were pregnant Alex."

"Sorry doesn't just fix everything Oliver! And so what? You're not around enough to ask!" I was getting angrier, reaching the point where what I said didn't register in my head as something that could be hurtful. Oliver's face falls for a second but it changed into an expression of anger just as quickly.

"You're the one who told me that I should be living my dream, so don't you f ucking dare blame it on me." Oliver hisses out, walking closer to me. I continue to glare at him, backing up as he continued to get closer.

"So what if I do? You're the one who's always gone, and I've tried. I've tried to be okay with it, I've tried to be supportive... but right now I need someone who's going to be there for me, and you can't be. You can tell me over and over again that you're always going to be here, but Oliver you're going to be halfway across the world in less than a week. I'm going through this alone whether you want to admit it or not. So yeah, I'm blaming you a little here." I said, looking away from Oliver at that moment. It was starting to snow pretty heavily now, coming down in thick white clumps. Oliver was still standing out in the yard, looking at me like I had lost my mind.

"You don't know that. I can be here Alex... I can be here for you and I don't get why you don't see that."

"Because you're never f ucking home Oliver! This is the most that I've seen you for almost six months now. I get that you try to be here as often as you can, but that's not going to be good enough right now. I need you to be here with me every step of the way... and you can't do that right now."

"I don't have to be in the band... I can take a break. You know I can."

"You can't and you won't."

"You're not making any sense Alex. What do you want from me? What do you want me to do?" Oliver was beyond frustrated at this point, throwing up his hands and shaking his head at me as I just stand there.

"What I want you to do is hardly an option and we both know it." I said sadly, looking down at my snow covered shoes.

"If you're suggesting that I pick the band over you, you're f ucking crazy." Oliver's voice is void of any emotion, much like it often did when he was angry. I bite my bottom lip as I continue to look down at my shoes.

"Then I'm choosing for you." I whispered before turning around and walking into the cabin. Oliver followed me, reaching out to grab my arm.

"Don't do this." He whispers, his eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry." I take my arm back, walking into the bedroom and shutting the door. Oliver doesn't follow me in there and I take that moment to pull out my phone and call my dad.

---------------------------------

Well....

That happened.

Am I sorry?

Probably a little.

I don't even know.

Comment

And

Vote

Connie xx