t w o

"I should dry my hair" Shay says a few minutes later, pushing me off of her. "You should get in the shower, you smell gross" She adds with a small laugh.

"Hurtful" I say in the voice of Woody from Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Shay's favourite childhood programme. "But it's you so I can't stay mad for too long" I watch as she smiles widely, tightens her towel and plugs the hair drier into the wall.

"Shut up and shower" She laughs as a loud blast of noise fills the room.

---

By the time I've finished showering, Shay has already dried her hair and left the room. I tie a towel around my waist and make my way into the living room.

"Shower is all yours E" I announce on my way to our bedroom. Unfortunately to get to our room you have to walk through the living room. Also known as walking into a wall of questions and difficult answers.

"So you and Shay were in there together?" Jack asks standing up to face me.

"In the bathroom yeah. She dried her hair whilst I showered" I shrug.

"So she saw you naked"

"The shower has panels on the doors so you can't see anything actually" I state as a matter of factly. "Dumbass" I add under my breath.

"She's your sister" Jack states. "That's incest"

"They're not doing anything" Ethan says reading his book again. "He took a shower and she happened to be in the room. I do it all the time"

"Oh" Jack says, suddenly backing down. Sure, it's handy how everyone believes Ethan when he stands up for me but it's also really annoying how no one trusts me yet everyone loves Ethan. We're practically the same person.

"What's going on here?" I hear Shay's voice. She appears in the room wearing my favourite grey sweats and Ethan's hoodie. I watch as she walks towards us and squeezes her way between Jack and I who are now stood inches apart. One of us could punch out at any second. "Grayson why don't you go get changed?" She says facing me. I look down at her wide eyed- is she really taking Jack's side on this? She places her hands on my chest just below my collar bones. Her gentle touch is enough to calm me down as I nod slowly, walking away from the situation into my room.

I shut the door loudly behind me as I storm over to the wardrobe. I pull out my black jeans and a white tee and throw them on quickly. I sit on the bed for a second to calm myself down. Don't let Jack get to you like that. He knows nothing about Shay. He doesn't know her like I do. He just thinks she's hot and would 'be a good lay' well I don't think of her like that at all. She's funny, effortless, talented, natural, beautiful and so many other things that I can't even describe.

"I'll talk to him" I hear Shay announce as the door swings open. She looks at me, love in her eyes. I flop backwards onto the bed as she shuts the door behind her. She stands at the edge of the bed looking at me with her head tilted to one side. She's trying to figure out what kind of a mood I'm in. Mostly just annoyed with Jack; sure he likes her but he doesn't love her. I hate to admit it but this girl drives me absolutely crazy. "Hey" She says quietly.

"Hi" I say watching her. She crawls onto the bed until she is face to face with me. "You wanted to talk?"

"Nah that was just an excuse to come cuddle" She beams. "I thought it would calm you down"

"I'm not mad anymore" I admit. "I like the cuddling idea though" I say moving my arm so that it wraps around her, pulling her towards me.

"So how are you?" She asks me, leaning her head on my chest and tracing circles on my abdomen over my shirt. "I can tell by the way you're breathing that something isn't okay"

"You can?"

"Yeah" She shrugs. "Usually you breathe once every 3 seconds. Now you're breathing 3 times a second"

"I don't know if it's a good thing that you know that much about me" I laugh.

"I know everything" She says wiggling her eyebrows at me. "So what's wrong?"

"I don't know, it's just Jack and Ethan"

"What did Ethan do?"

"It annoys me how I get accused of everything and then as soon as Ethan owns up to it everyone is fine with it."

"Like that time he broke mum's vase and she thought it was you"

"Yeah! Once she found out it was him she was like 'oh I didn't really like it anyway'"

"I see why that annoys you" She says with a friendly smile. "It's because he's more sensitive than you. He doesn't want to disappoint people whereas you don't really care what people think"

"I care what you think" I mutter.

"I know you do babe" She says shifting so that she's lying on her stomach, propped up on her arms, looking at me. "I'm just saying that sometimes Ethan helps you out in that way. Whenever someone says something about us then he backs you up every time"

"That's just because he loves us both and doesn't want to hear anyone say anything bad about us. We're the three musketeers."

"We look out for each other. I'm always going to have your back Grayson so you don't have to worry about anything. And well Jack, he's your friend and so what if he likes me? He'll never get anywhere with me because I'm all yours" She beams. I reach up and tuck a strand of her hair behind her ear as she leans down and kisses me lightly. "Should we go get some food? I'm starving!" She laughs sitting up on the bed and bouncing herself up and down a few times.

"Sure, what do you want?" I sit up too. She continues to bounce up and down, her hair flicking from side to side. Shay is very energetic- she finds it impossible to sit still for more than a few minutes at a time.

"Can we go get Burger King?"

"Is there one close by?"

"Yeah. I'll drive" She beams at me.

"Babe, you're the only one who can"

"Jack can drive" She shrugs. "I like driving though so it isn't a problem"

"Yo Shay" I hear Ethan's voice as the door swings open.

"What's up?"

"I heard the words Burger and King so I came running" Ethan laughs.

"Well you heard correctly" She laughs.

"Shotgun" I yell quickly. Ethan shoots daggers at me because I got there first this time.

"Dude" he groans.

"He won fair and square Eth" Shay smiles getting up off the bed and walking towards him. She looks up at him as he smiles down on her and wraps his arm around her shoulders, her arm around his waist. I wish I could be so comfortable with Shay like that but everyone accuses me of playing her. I'd never hurt her.