Harry clapped a hand on her shoulder, "Don't look so horrified on me. Detention with me can't be that bad, can it?"

"It's detention," Elizabeth practically spelled it out for him, her horror showing through with how she said the word. "That is not a good thing to have, even if it is with good company."

Harry smiled his goofy smile, replaying the her words where she mentions that he is good company. He plunked down on the grass and patted the spot beside him. Elizabeth sat down next to him and opened her carrying bag.

"Grape?" Elizabeth asked, pulling out her container. Harry nodded and opened his mouth like he was going to say something but no words ever came out. Elizabeth raised an eyebrow before tossing one at him. It landed perfectly inside her target.

"Beginner's luck," Harry chewed the grape, swallowing before opening again, "Try again."

And so she did, and she got it in every time.

Harry reached over and grabbed a strawberry. "Your turn." He didn't even give her time to open her mouth before it was chucked at her, hitting her lips before falling on to her lap.

"Harry, you suck," Elizabeth laughed, picking the strawberry up and throwing it back at him.

"Maybe you just suck at catching," Harry chuckled, picking the strawberry up and eating it himself.

She rolled her eyes at him before looking over at the lake. If she thought it was dark during the day time, she defiantly thought it was a dark abyss during night time. The only signs that there was water there was the reflection of the stars shining on to it.

"It's beautiful in a way," She admired, reaching for a pebble to toss in. Drip, drip, splash. The water was distorted from the pebble, giving off a blur of shades of yellow and orange blended in with the black lake.

Harry remained silent as she skipped pebbles, trying to memorize the moment as much as he could. How her face was shadowed over in the dark but still would light up whenever she saw the stars distort in the water, how happy he felt just being with her.

"Do you remember how I told you that if you 'dated me, even if it was for one day, I would be plenty more grateful than Seamus ever was'?" Harry asked, breaking Elizabeth's chain of pebble tossing.

"Um... Yeah," She frowned. Bringing up an ex-boyfriend was an uncomfortable topic, especially on a first date.

"It hasn't even been an hour and I've already broken the happiness meter." Harry admitted sheepishly. He leaned back so he was almost laying down and reached an arm to point out at the stars. "I think I see a constellation that looks like a heart."

Elizabeth looked over at him, staring in disbelief.

"Look up, Beauty. You can look at me everyday but you don't want to miss the sky saying that it likes us together."

"And what if I don't look up?" Elizabeth challenged.

Harry to look over at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes. Before she knew it, he had pulled her down so she was lying almost on top of him, her back on back resting on his chest. He wrapped an arm over her waist like a seat belt so she couldn't move and with his free arm he lifted on her arms up and traced the heart that was in the sky..

"Do you see it?" Harry asked, tracing it over a dozen times.

"I see it," Elizabeth said. She narrowed her eyes in concentration and tried to make other pictures in the sky. "I think I see a cat. Does that mean Mrs. Norris is mad at us?" She moved her arm to point to the cat-like shape created by the stars above.

"Great, we have Mrs. Norris watching our date. Somehow that doesn't make me not want to kiss you."

Elizabeth flicked him on the nose, "Shush and just admire the stars."

"But I want to admire you," Harry whined, sitting up and taking her with him.

She turned her head and grinned at him, "You'll have the rest of your life to admire me but you don't want to miss the sky above."

It took Harry a moment to realize that she had rephrased his previous words. He smiled slightly and lifted a hand to stroke her cheek. "When you say that 'I'll have the rest of my life to admire you'..."

"That means that I like you too much to let you disappear anytime soon," Elizabeth murmured, not believing the words were leaving her mouth.

Harry just grinned at her and held her even closer. He rested his chin on the crook of her neck, looking out at the lake.

"It sure is pretty at night... And it's even prettier when I'm with you."

They spent the rest of the night painting pictures in the sky and talking about everything but nothing.

After that night, a part of each of them knew that no matter what happens in the future, whether it be something as dangerous as the Dark Lord or something as small as studying, they would have each other's backs.

___________________________________

And that's how it works -
that's how you got the girl.
__________________________________

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS AND HOPEFULLY YOU LIKED IT.
LOTS OF LOVE & LONG LIVE THE MAGIC,
- Emily