Chapter 3: There are friends and then there are "boyfriends"

Start from the beginning

They must be going out and they must be here to let me know.

"We're going out," Lily informed me. See? This kind of makes me feel very sad because I have no boyfriend (no, Edward isn't counted here) so I'm always left here alone. I saw my future flash before my eyes and I saw myself with 50 cats.

                     "Okay," I began to close the door but Trevor's foot blocked me from doing so. "We want you to come," Lily added.

I shook my head at the offer. "Sorry but that would be really awkward for me,"

                      "We know so we hooked you up with one of Trevor's friends," Lily continued, but again, I shook my head at the offer.

"No thanks," I began to close the door when Lily and Trevor somehow slipped inside.

                       "Please? It's been bugging me that I always leave you here," Lily begged and she began to pout a little, her lip quavering.

I gave her the are-you-kidding-me look. "Nice try Lily, but I don't need sympathy. I'm fine on my own. Really," I insisted, getting irritated by both of them.

                       Lily pleaded with her eyes one last time but I shook my head. Lily sighed. "Fine, but I tried to help you," And with that, she exited the room with Trevor behind her. I followed them to shut the door and lock it.

                 I sighed as they left but I heard Trevor's voice say, "I'll meet you downstairs, I left my wallet in the apartment,"

That was my cue to run. Trevor was not my favourite person in the world for one reason: He is a cheater!

Whenever Trevor and I are alone, he starts flirting with me with his obnoxious innuendos. It really pisses me off because he and Lily have been together for about 2 months and he's not even serious about the relationship.

Why can't I tell Lily? Because if I do, two things will happen:

1) She won't believe me. She'll think I'm jealous because she has a boyfriend and I don't.

2) She'll be devastated because this is her first relationship that she's been serious about and I can't ruin that.

I ran to lock the door but Trevor was too quick for me and he got through the gap. He closed the door behind us with a smirk.

                  "Trying to lock me out, again?" Trevor put his finger on my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"Sooner or later, she'll find out," I reminded him, hoping that he'd leave me alone. 

           "Yeah but for now, I might just take advantage of the situation," Trevor's hands circled my wrist.

"Don't you dare lay a hand on me," I gritted my teeth. But knowing he won't listen to me due to past experiences, I had to do what I did next.

I kneed the jerk in the groin before grabbing his arm and throwing him, and he landed on the ground, next to the couch. He groaned on the ground and I disappeared to my room, came back with my stilettos and stepped on him, like some kind of human doormat.

I kicked him in the stomach, the stilettos still on and I disappeared into my room. I heard him mutter a string line of curses before he stumbled to his feet and left the apartment.

****

You wanna?

You wanna?