.34.

I remember closing my eyes into darkness. But when I opened my eyes, it was complete the opposite. The room was bright.

I have been here before. I know this place. Few days back, I opened my eyes to an exact same place. I remember very well. The pale white walls, the skin colour curtains, the irritating beeps from the machines, the green room divider as its usual corner place, the hospital bed, a bed-side table, a no-smoking and keep silence poster, a digital clock and a couch for the visitors.

But wait! There is an addition this time. There is someone on the couch, sitting and staring at me.

Theo! Why is he looking so angry? Why is he looking at me that way?

I slowly tried to sit up. I felt few wires coming out of my chest and the uncountable tubes. With a few more efforts, I finally managed to sit up.

I might have moved for about 15-20 times in the last five minutes but Theo! He haven't moved an inch. He was leaning forward with his upper body's weight on his elbows which were resting on both his knees. and his hands joint on his lips. The furious look on his face was scaring me now.

"Will you stop looking at me like that?" I blurted out, rolling my eyes.

"Will you stop taking all decisions on your own? I wish you could find your brain back there when you roll your eyes." He was angry, annoyed and disappointed, altogether.

"I take decisions only about myself and I completely have that right." I said defending myself.

"You have disappointed me today. How could you have done this? Do you think this made me happy? If you thought so than you are highly mistaken Miss. Alice Savatore. I am completely at disgust with you and with myself. I am feeling worse about myself. And, thanks for that!" He have learnt being sarcastic. All inspired by me!

"I did what I felt was right. And, I don't regret a single bit of it." I bluntly replied. He would have done the same for me.

"Why would you regret? You never think about the consequences your actions have on the others, do you? You just do what you think is right. How can you be so selfish? When will you stop living for yourself and start living for others?" I had never seen him so rude ever before.

"This was the one and only thing that I did for myself. From my childhood I have been living for others only. I am a girl, and whether I want it or not, whether I like it or not, I have to live for others. First for my parents, then for my husband and his family. Atleast, that's what people expect from a girl. I have been doing what others wanted me to do till now and you are calling me selfish. My father wanted me to be a science student though I wasn't interested, yet I did that. What for? For my father! They got me here in New York, without even asking my wish for once. I came here leaving everything back in Houston. My friends, my love, my everything. What for? For my parents? You left me without even caring if I wanted that or now. Still, I didn't stop you. What for? For you. Because you wanted that! I have been always doing what others wanted. Had I lived on my own terms, doing everything for myself, I'd have either gone far far away from here, long ago or died happily. Yet, I am alive. What for? For everyone else. Why did I kept doing everything for you all? That's because I love you all. Just for once, I did this for myself. It's not me who is being selfish but you. I had nothing else other than you to lose but you, you have your family. What would they had gone through if you were here on my place? What have gone on me? Have you ever thought about it? You are just thinking about yourself!" I bursted into tears when I saw Theo sitting there and crying.

"Why did this happen to us? We finally got back together! I now really wish to get those 3 years back. I would stop myself from leaving then!" He broke down into tears.