Chapter 1: The Meeting

Alyona

The first time she met him... No, much before meeting him-- the first time they crossed paths, she knew she was done-- that she had fallen-- had been bowled over. It wasn't just his face-- though it was, like the whole of him, beautiful-- it was the words that came from his mouth. 

The minute he'd addressed her, she was in love. 

They became aware of each others' existences at a poetry convention: She'd been twenty-- young, hopeful, talented-- a poetess. He was twenty-four... and he was dying. 

She was hoping to meet new people. People with similar interests-- people who wrote beautifully-- much better than her. 

She felt a little shy as she read out her poem to them. It was a simple poem talking of loneliness and longing-- of tears shed for someone who would never return. 

Once she was done, people offered their interpretations. That was the first time he spoke-- giving the best interpretation of her poem. A verse for her verses...

... She had fallen. 

Aiden

The minute she was done reciting, he wanted to kiss her. Her words touched a part of him he didn't know existed. When he interpreted, the verse on its own. 

The irony of the situation struck him; like Dryden had once written-- "What greater curse could envious Fortune give that just to die when I began to live." And it was exactly how he felt-- alive... but he had barely a week to live. 

A bitter laugh would have escaped him, but he held it back-- no one would have understood.

He wanted to interact with her but was afraid to hurt her...

He loved her but wouldn't want her. His life's bitter irony...

*****

A/N: So here's the first chapter.... I know it's a short one but you must understand that these chapters need to be short... I can't elongate them.. It'll take away the main crux of my story... 

Also, this story's going to be pretty short..I'll put up daily updates because I'm bed ridden and can't go to school (Rejoice lol.)... So it'll be over soon... So maybe by the end of this week, we'll be done with this story... 
Tbh, I wasn't even planning on ever posting this story because like my friend said, it's life ruining... Its kind of painful for me to write it... But it's a lovely story and I'd love for you to read it and maybe remember it... 

Love and care.. xoxo