Chapter Thirty One

Harry's POV~

I'm pacing in front of Claire's door, holding my bottom lip between my index finger and thumb. Andy spoke to me about this whole situation, and miraculously enough, my view has changed. As much as I hate to let the thought in, Bennett did rape this girl, and it was wrong, so, undeniably wrong.

It was also undeniably wrong for me to accuse Eliza of asking for attention, and all I can hope is that Claire will except what I'm here to say, if she ever wants to talk to me again after what I said to her yesterday.

I finally compose myself and knock lightly on her door. Within seconds the door opens, revealing Claire who's eyes have narrowed at the sight of me.

"Claire, I need to talk to you." She scowls at me and steps to the side to let me in. "You know, I really shouldn't even be letting you in after what you said to me," she says, crossing her arms.

"I know, and I'm here to make things right," I say, looking straight into her beautiful blue eyes. Her jaw tenses. "Go on," she says softly.

"I now understand that I was wrong to say that Eliza was seeking attention, I know that was a fucked up thing to say. I've accepted that Bennett did what he did, and I'm sorry for saying otherwise." When I stop speaking she lets out a breath and raises an eyebrow at me.

"And?" I roll my eyes at her stubbornness. "And, I was just a plain ass for saying what I said to you about Aubrey," I say and she nods. "Well," she sits on her bed,"thank you for saying that."

I tilt my head, hoping for more of a response. Her eyes search mine before she says,"Harry, you got so angry. That's what's burned into the back of my mind more than the words you said. You were so angry and I was worried...," she trails off and I immediately feel a knot of guilt build inside of me.

I walk over to her cupping her cheeks in my hands. "I'm so sorry," my voice breaks. "I was worried you were going to hurt me," she finally says.

When the words actually leave her mouth, my heart shatters. I remove my hands from her face and tug at my hair. My eyes burn with tears and I jut stare at her, hoping that my eyes will say all the things I'm too scared too. "I knew you wouldn't, I know you would never, it's just that you were so caught up in the moment."

"I'm so sorry. I would never hurt you. Never," I whisper, blinking the tears away. Her eyes too have began to water and I feel horrible.

"Please don't be afraid of me," I say and she stands up, walking towards me. "I'm not afraid," she says. Her body finds it's way even closer to mine, until our faces are dangerously close.

Fuck it. I can't take this anymore. I grab her waist and pull her into me, crashing my lips onto hers. Her mouth moves rhythmically to mine and my whole body ignites. She pulls away suddenly.

"Promise you won't ever say anything like that again?" Her tongue runs across her bottom lips, which would get me to agree to anything she says. "I promise," I rush out, desperately craving her lips on mine again.

She smiles and presses her lips to mine once again for a moment, before pulling away for a second time, getting a glare from me. "What changed your point of view?" She asks, curiously.

Shit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire's POV~

When I ask this, his jaw immediately clenches. "Umm," he removes his hands from my waist. "I talked to Andy about it...she's my friend." My blood boils at the idea of Harry staying in contact with that girl, and I can't help but show it.

"Friends?" I ask, my eyes narrowing at him. His shoulders lower and he sighs. "Yes, Claire, friends. She talked me through it and helped me realize that I was wrong, aren't you happy about that?" I run my fingers through my hair, thinking about his words.

"Yeah, I just wish it wasn't her that's helping you," I admit and Harry rolls his eyes. "You really need to stop being so insecure, Claire. She's a friend, similar to Louis or Liam, Niall or Zayn. Okay? You're what I want," his words sound like heaven through his accent.

Somehow, I can't help but feel uneasy. I feel like every time Harry and I get close to being together again, something is thrown my way. Almost like it's too good to be true. We start up again to quickly only for me to end up getting hurt. Like I'm the one who always gets the short straw and I have to deal with whatever Harry's life withholds.

"Okay," I say in spite of all that. A huge smile spreads across his face and he kisses my nose lightly. "I love you," he says. "I love you," I say back, truthfully, yet I still have a pit in my stomach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Harry leaves, I decide to go for a little walk. I grab my pink sweatshirt and pull it over my head. There's a light breeze blowing my hair as I walk along campus. I spot Perrie's blonde hair sitting in the grass with a book open on her lap.

"Perrie!" I call, and her head snaps up, finding me. She smiles and rises, walking over to me. "Hey!" She says, tucking her book in her bag. "How are you?" I ask, hoping to have a girl-to-girl talk for the first time in a while.

"Good, and you?" She answers, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. "I'm okay, just have a bit on my mind." She frowns slightly, staying beside me as I begin to walk again. "Everything alright?"

I shrug, finding that I have so much to say as I begin to vent to Perrie. "I'm having some relationship issues. You see, I just forgave Harry for something pretty huge. Then I find out he's friends with the girl he kissed not long ago. I just don't know what to think! I just don't know if I can do this." Perrie comforts me by putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Well, personally, if you love him, then I think you should trust him." I nod, yes I know this, of course, but that doesn't settle me. "I just feel like it's a never ending obstacle course in the relationship. You know? But I love him. Oh how I love him. He makes me so happy, he sparks something in me, something I can't live without."

She smiles sweetly at me. "Claire," she begins,"It sound to me like you are deeply in love, and I think that's all you need." I sigh.

"I hope so."