Chapter Twenty Seven

Harry's POV~

Louis and I pull up to the unfamiliar house. As we get out of the car, I notice tons of people swarming on the lawn and on the huge front porch. "Hey, Lou, who's place is this?" I ask, as Louis walks into the house before me.

"I think the guy's name is Steven!" He yells over the loud music and voices. Before I know it, I'm lost in the crowd and find myself moving along with the music.

I grab a red cup out of someone's hand and gulp it down. The burn of the liquor is a feeling I've missed. I realize that I haven't had one drink since Claire and I met, not a single one.

Well, that's gonna change tonight.

I push through into the kitchen, refilling my cup with whatever this guy is pouring. I don't even look up to see his face, just downing the drink and handing him the cup again.

Then, I spot a familiar face. Bennett walks up to me, wearing a toothy grin and a short brunette under his arm. "Harry, mate! Glad you could make it!" I smile at him, tilting my head back, letting the liquor sting my throat.

"Well, Eliza and I are gonna go upstairs for a little while," he says, winking at me. I ignore him and throw my cup away, only to grab a beer out of a cooler.

Open beer in hand, I go out into the backyard. Mostly people making out and talking out here. Whatever, it's more quiet outside. I sit on a wooden stool and bring the bottle to my lips.

I look down, and suddenly the bottle is empty. I'm starting to feel that fuzziness in my head, and I welcome it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire's POV~

After a long day of studying, I'm ready to go back to my dorm for the evening. As I open the dormitory door, I bump into Perrie and Zayn. "Oh, hey you two!" I say, adjusting my bag on my shoulder. Perrie smiles brightly and Zayn waves.

"Where are you guys going?" I ask and Perrie looks to Zayn to answer. "There's a house party off campus tonight and Perrie was begging me to take her," Zayn says teasingly, smiling down at Perrie. They really seem to like each other.

Perrie swats at Zayn's chest with a laugh. She quickly turns to me and says,"Hey, you should come along!" I shake my head, chuckling. "Oh no, I'm good. I'm tired anyways." Perrie frowns. "You sure?" Zayn asks,"I'll drive?" He holds up car keys.

"No, really. Thanks though," I say, turning into the building. The last thing I need is to be surrounded by sweaty, drunk bodies right now.

I immediately change into pajamas, the soft ones with the pink and green stripes and get under the covers. I pull out my laptop, clicking on Netflix. I browse through movies to watch, and decide that tonight is a Titanic kinda night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV~

I'm staggering through the house in search of Louis. I don't know the time, but I can tell we've been here for hours. I'm starting to feel full on dizzy and I need some water.

I push through the crowd that seems to have grown in size rather than the opposite. I hold onto the wall to keep me steady. My vision is shaky and I can't seem to find Louis anywhere. I must be seeing things because I swear I see Zayn making out with some blonde girl. He's probably getting laid.

I throw myself onto a couch that has a couple blonde girls sitting on it. Their giggling and sipping slowly at their drinks. One of them looks at me and grins. "Hey," she says. I look her way but her face isn't clear through the alcohol in my system.

"Hi," I say, leaning back into the cushion. She hands her friend her cup to get refilled and turns her whole body to face mine. "What's your name?" She says, the closeness of her face to mine gets me a clearer look. She's pretty, I guess.

"Harry," I say, rubbing my temples. She smiles and says,"I'm Heather." I nod, trying to make it clear to her that I don't give a bloody fuck about what her name is. She rubs her hand down her thigh, causing me to notice a purple flower tattoo there, hardly covered by her short skirt.

I clear my throat and try to stand up in hopes of finding Louis again, but my legs are wobbly. "Need some help?" The girl named Heather asks and I shake my head, using all my strength to push myself up. Success.

As I walk away, my eyelids are starting to feel heavy. This feeling isn't new to me. I remember it all, and I used o experience it often. Before Claire, that is.

I finally spot Louis draped over a tall brunette, of course. "Hey, Lou!" I call, slowly making my way towards him. He looks at me, his eyes blood shot and a grin on his lips. "Harry, lad! Enjoying the party?"

He slurs, wrapping an arm around the waste of the brunette. I rub my temples again and say,"Can we get out of here?" Louis laughs loudly and says,"I can't drive mate," before making out with the girl.

I sigh and find my way outside to the front yard. The lawn is littered with red cups and it's dark except for the street lights. I sit on the cold stone steps on the porch and deeply inhale the cold air.

I hardly notice when a girl with long curly brown hair sits next to me. She doesn't say anything at first, just stares out into the street. I study her face, she has deep brown eyes and a small smile plays on her pink lips. I look away, getting uncomfortable from the silence.

"You're wasted, huh?" She finally says and I laugh. "Yeah, I guess you could say that." She smiles bigger now, chuckling along with me. "You need a ride home?" She says, standing up, brushing off her jeans. "Uh, I don't even know you," I say, running my fingers through my hair.

She pulls a pair of car keys out of her bag and says,"I'm Andy, now you know me, so you want a ride or not?" She looks impatient and it makes me laugh. "You sure you can drive?" I ask, and she raises her eyebrows.

"Yes, I'm sure. Unlike you, I'm not drunk." I nod and decide that this is probably the best bet I have at getting home before late tomorrow morning. "Uh, yeah I'll take a ride. I'm Harry, by the way," I say and she smiles slightly as she unlocks the red car we've walked up to. "I know exactly who you are."