Chapter Eleven

Harry hasn't called since the incident with Louis last night, and I'm beginning to get worried. The way Harry didn't exactly seem surprised by Louis' state worried me too. Does Louis get drunk often? Does Harry ever go drinking with him? Question after question roll through my head and before I know it, I'm dialing Harry's number.

"Hello?" He picks up, his voice much lower and raspier than usual. "It's me, is everything okay?" I can hear faint breathing in the background. He sighs,"Yeah, after you left last night, Louis left again to get more to drink and I had to chase him around till bout 3 a.m. Sorry bout ridding of you so suddenly, by the way."

I hear what sounds like vomiting noises through the phone and sit up from my bed. "Harry, are you sick?" "No, no, love. It's Louis. He's really hungover. Has a lot of alcohol in his system." I nod to myself. "Can we meet up later?" I ask, biting my lip as I wait for his response. "Yeah, definitely."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wait near the coffee stand for Harry, taking long sips from the drink in my hand. Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder and quickly turn around, only to see a face I wasn't expecting to see.

"Zayn?" I smile at the black haired boy, noticing the beard he has began to grow. "Hello, Claire. Can I talk to you about something?" Curiosity fills my body as I nod. "So, Aubrey and I sort of got into a fight the other night..," he stops when he notices my expression. My face starts to heat up and I clench my teeth together. "I'm really sorry, Zayn, I would love to help you, but anything involving Aubrey really isn't my forte," and with that, I swiftly scurry off with my coffee in hand.

Trying to get as far away from Zayn as possible, I am hardly paying attention to where I'm going when I run into a firm chest, the sweet smell immediately giving away the person's identity. "Claire," Harry plants a kiss on my cheek. "Are you in a hurry to go somewhere?" He smiles playfully at me, and there it goes. Nothing exists except for those green eyes and me. He pulls me in closer and I respond,"No, just looking for you, actually." My voice comes out in a squeak.

"Well, I assume you'll be going to philosophy with me today?" He slips his hand into my free hand and we begin to walk together. I nod and smile at him, admiring his dimples. Everything is washed away when he stares at me. No more awkward conversations with Zayn, fights with Aubrey, or drunk Louis. It's only him and me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV~

We walk into Grant's class together, hand in hand and this time nobody seems to notice or snicker like before. I squeeze Claire's hand as we take our seats in the front and she leans over and whispers into my ear. "Looks like we're discussing Democritus today," the corners of her mouth turning up in the sexiest way and she points at the board. I shake my head in chuckles.

Today, the spotlight is on Claire Hoffman. She answers every question and fills more pages than usual with notes. "You're really serious about this Democritus guy, eh?" I whisper, glancing at her notebook. She smiles and lifts the book up slightly. "You don't say?"

The rest of class goes as the beginning. Claire's completely focused and I love how she sticks her tongue out when she writes. Before I know it, Professor Grant dismisses us and I wait for Claire to gather her things.

"So, Louis is okay?" She asks as we walk out the door, I can sense the nerves in her petite little body as she looks at her feet. "Yes, he'll be okay. He's not going to classes today. He was pretty fucked up this morning."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Claire's POV~

I nod and begin to worry about him again. "Do you ever drink like that?" I blurt, and cover my mouth as soon as I say it.

Harry waits before answering to study my face, making me blush even more. "I, uh, sometimes. Not in a while though, only at parties and shit." I nod slightly, not being able to help the uneasy feeling I get from his answer. "Does that bother you?" He stops and turns my face to look at him. "I don't know, it's strange. I don't drink so, it'll take some getting used to." He nods. "I won't drink like that if you don't want me to." He presses his hands to my cheeks. I smile, thanking him and we continue to walk.