Chapter 5 (Updated)

Start from the beginning

As they were walking down the halls Alicia could not help it but remember Ron's disdain towards the Slytherins. She recalled all the stories Ron had told her about the cold Slytherins, how they bullied those who think are below them. It made her sick, but now that she was here and among the Slytherins she had reevaluated everything that Ron had said. It was a new era after all. Blood purity has lost its power. As long as magic flowed it remains pure.

"Why is everyone staring?" Alicia lowered her head trying to ease the awkward vibe.

"Well," Destiny started and cleared her throat.

"Because you're Hermione Granger's daughter," Patricia replied bluntly.

"Pat!" Destiny and Serenity gasped.

"What?" Alicia stopped in her tracks. "I don't understand."

"She has the right to know why " Patricia argued.

Destiny sighed and gestured for them to take stand near the torches.

"Everyone knows the story of the war and the heroes behind the victory. Harry Potter along with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger were in Gryffindor. Everyone was surprised that you ended up in Slytherin." Destiny narrated, but it only made Alicia more confused.

"I don't see any problem with that."

"Alicia, even we do live in a diverse society the Slytherin house still houses purebloods and half-bloods. Knowing that Hermione Granger was a muggle-born it raises the question: who is your father." Patricia explained.

"I-I I don't know who my father is." Alicia stuttered.

Alicia began to think about what her new friends have said. Was it really big of an issue on why she was in Slytherin and not in Gryffindor? What Patricia had explained made sense. Despite the campaign on blood equality, the Slytherin house still housed only purebloods and half-bloods.

"So what you mean is, my father might have been a pureblood?" Alicia theorized.

"It's the only explanation." Serenity agreed.

"I never realized that. I always thought my father might have been a half-blood or a Muggle-born, just like mum. This is all so sudden."

They had remained quiet until Serenity decided it was time to avert the gloomy topic and start the semester in a more upbeat vibe. Serenity had always had the ability to divert any topic.

"It's almost time to breakfast. Why don't we head there now and see if the elves prepared chocolate chip pancakes." Serenity suggested.

"Yes, we should before they run out." Destiny agreed and hooked her arm around Alicia's limp one.

Breakfast was just like last night's feast. She was unable to eat her whole pancake. She only took small nibbles of the fluffy cake and smalls sips of tea. Her mind was preoccupied with all the revelations about her father. If she mentioned any of this to her family they would surely and immediately end the conversation.

I gentle squeeze on her shoulder had pulled her out of her deep thoughts. She turned to her side and it was Scorpius sitting on the spot where Destiny had previously sat. She looked perplexed she hadn't even notice Destiny leaving.

"Are you alright?" Scorpius asked. He had noticed since Alicia had arrived at the Great Hall that her mind was drifting elsewhere.

"Of course." Alicia smiled reassuringly towards her new friend.

Scorpius felt that she the opposite of what she said and that smile was used not to worry him. Alicia had noticed that the Great Hall was almost empty. She glanced over at her watch realized the time. It was almost time for the first period and she had her bag and books sitting on her desk in the dormitories.