Chapter 20

-Niall's P.O.V-

'How could she do this to me? I thought our relationship was going pretty well. We were happy and then she just ends it just like that?' I thought, 'And why did she go back home? Her mom probably made her come back, I knew she never liked us together.' 

I was so engaged in my thoughts I didn't hear the door open.

“Hey, yoohoo. Niall, anybody home?” I heard Louis ask.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at Louis.

“Oh, hey Lou.” I said.

“What's wrong Niall? And don't tell me nothing, because then you'd be lying.” he said giving me a concerned look.

“It's just I came home today to see that Melody wasn't here. So I rang her and she told me she was back home.” I explained, “Then she rang me later on and told me that we were done. She broke up with me.. with the only explanation being that I deserve better than her.”

I let out a sigh and looked out the window.

“You know, I thought we were happy, but I guess I was wrong.” I said softly.

“Niall, we all know Melody better than that. There's obviously something wrong with her and she doesn't want us knowing.” Louis said, “But that won't stop us from finding out ourselves.”

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“We're going after her.” he said, “And we're getting our Melody back.”

-Melody's P.O.V-

I sat in my old bedroom, I heard someone walking up the stairs and looked over to see Sky standing in the doorway.

“Uhm, your dad told me you'd be up here.” she said sitting down on the opposite side of the bed.

I didn't say anything, because I couldn't.

“I'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking. I know I may have sounded that way, but your mom told me everything about Niall and you. She really adored you two and I'm happy that you're happy with him.” she explained, “I'm not mad that you chose him over coming back here, because you deserve to be happy, whether you're here or not.”

I shook my head, “I broke up with him. He deserves so much better than me. I never noticed it because I was too blinded by the fact that I was dating Niall. But when I saw my mother die right in front of me, it just made me realize that I'm a nobody and he's a somebody. Our worlds don't collide, period.”

“Melody, where the fuck did you get that assumption?” she asked, “What happened to the old Melody? The Melody that was happy and carefree..”

“She died along with my mother.” I said coldly.

“Melody, you need to stop this right now!” she said standing up.

“Why? Why should I? Nobody's stopping me!” I yelled.

“Yes!” she said, “I'm stopping you.”

I heard a loud knock on the door, I rolled my eyes and opened my bedroom door to see Niall and Louis standing there.

“What is wrong with you?” Louis bluntly asked.

I gave him a confused glare.

“Don't look at me like that? There's something wrong with you, because you're not the same Melody that I know.” he said.

I looked down at the ground and felt hot tears fall from my eyes. I sniffled.

“A-are you crying?” I heard Niall ask.

I sighed slowly and shook my head, “No.”

“You are.. why are you lying?” he asked.

I felt his arms wrap around my tiny frame and I buried my face in his chest.

“What's wrong? Why won't you tell me?” he asked softly.

I sniffled again, “Because I can't tell.” 

“Why not?” he asked.

“It's hard to say.” I whispered through my tears.

“What's hard?” he asked pulling my face up to meet his, “Tell me.”

“My mom past away.. and now I have nobody.” I cried.

He pulled me close and rubbed my back, “Hey shh, it's going to be alright babe. You don't have nobody, you have me, Louis, Harry, Zayn, Liam, Danielle, Perrie, your family, my family.”

I laughed harshly, “My family don't give a shit about me.”

“Why do you say that?” he asked.

“Because they tell me, and they say I'm a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to live and will never make it anywhere.” I said, “I've been told that my whole life, and there's nothing that anyone can do about it. I've been so traumatized by my own family that I can't trust anyone else to care for me.”

“That's not true, I care for you.. I care for you more than I can care for myself.” he said, “And you know that Melody.”

“Niall, I'm too broken for you. I'm positive that I'm not fixable.” I whispered, “I'm sorry Niall.”

I took the ring off my finger and laid it in the palm of his hand and closed it.

“Melody, please don't do this.” he pleaded, “I love you and I'll do anything I can to fix you.”

“Niall, I don't want you to waste your time on me, I'm nothing, a nobody. You deserve someone that will make you happy.. so happy that every time you look at her you smile, you can't wait to shout it from the mountains, to the world that you're in love with her.” I said through my tears, “I'm not that person.. I'm a mess. I'm unfixable. You're just wasting your time with me.”

“Then, I'll be wasting my time, I want you and only you. You're the only girl that I can be myself with. You're the only girl that I can picture the rest of my with. I don't care how long it takes, but I will fix you. I will make you believe how much I care about you, how much I love you. I don't care what anyone says, you're the only girl that I will ever love.” he said, “And I will prove it to you right here and right now.”

He pulled me close and looked into my eyes, “You're beautiful Melody. Inside and out.”

I searched his eyes for anything that will tell me that he was lying, but I saw nothing but love. He leaned in and captured my lips with his own. They molded together. I fell into his embrace. We pulled away slowly and he leaned his forehead onto mine.

“I love you Melody, and I want you to know that I'm not giving up on you. You're the only thing that keeps me going.” he said, “I wake up in the morning and I see you laying beside me, and I wonder to myself how I even got you. What I did to be so lucky to have such an amazing girlfriend. And I wonder if I'm only dreaming and that this is some sick and twisted alternate universe. But then I see your smile and I feel your touch and I know that this is really my life. That I really get to call you mine.” he said a tear silently falling from his eye, “You're the only one that I want, for the rest of my life. I don't want to lose you this way. I don't want to lose you period.”

I held Niall's face in my hands and shut him up by kissing him.

“Niall I get it, it'll take some time but I can't lose you.” I said, “I love you Niall and I'll let you fix me.”

He smiled and kissed me passionately, “I won't let you down Melody.”

“I'm yours forever.” I whispered against his lips.

“And I'm yours forever and a day.” he whispered against mine and pressed his lips to mine softly.