Chapter 7

A/N: I'm writing a Maze Runner x Divergent fanfic at the moment so if you are interested, I will be publishing it soon...
Thank you for reading and voting for this book, I am eternally grateful! *in Toy Story alien voice* I haven't updated in aaaagggggeeeeeessssss and I am really sorry, this chapter is also really short but I will try to make them longer in the future!

Nothing was happening. Sergeant Joe was still not back and it was nearly lunch time. I was sitting on my sleeping bag alone until a girl with long hazel coloured hair came and sat down next to me.
"I don't know if you know me yet but I'm Ella!" She stated
"Yeah I do know you a bit, you're one of Holly's friends." I remember her from last night, she was next to me but she fell asleep straight away so I didn't have the chance to talk to her.
"Mmh, I really need to get to know some of your friends more"
"Okay, I'll introduce you!" At least this gave me something to do while we were waiting.

I led her over to where my friends were sitting in a group. Jack looked up at me, "Hey, Thomas! Hey er..." He trailed off
"Ella" she chirped.
"Okay then, hi Ella!" He finished
Harvey and Theo then turned their heads to us.
"Ella, Holly's friend, right?" Harvey asked
"Yup" she awkwardly grinned, giving me a sideways glance.
"We don't mind if you come and sit with us, we can get to know you better!"
Ella looked quite creeped out but sat down anyway between Jack and Harvey, I squeezed next to Theo. I checked my watch: 1:03. "Time for lunch!"

Everyone rummaged around in their bags and pulled out what ever edible thing they could find. At the moment, food was scarce and we didn't know how long we would be in the woods for. All of us scoffed our food but then realised that we shouldn't eat it all just in case we were stuck away from the camp for a long time.
I sparked up a conversation about what would be happening after lunch and encouraging the boys to get to know Ella better. The questions they asked her were really strange and awkward but at least they weren't too bad...
"So, what is it like being a girl?"
"Do you like football?"
"Have you ever tried dipping chips in chocolate milkshake?"
"What do you like to think about in your spare time?"
"Who do you think is the most attractive here?"
I felt like Ella was getting along with them until Jack came out with:
"Have you ever done a poo so big that your bum starts to bleed and it is impossible to wipe?"

I wasn't surprised at Ella's reaction as she raised her eyebrows and shifted away from him. "Er, I'm sorry. Jack is a bit like that... He was having a moment..." I stuttered trying to recover her.
"That's okay... Holly has 'moments' too! I just wasn't expecting it to come from Jack... Just I case you were interested, I think the answer to that question is no..."

After we finished our lunch, me and Ella left the group to go and find Holly, it was almost time to tell the whole camp our plan.
"So, how did you get on with my friends?" I nervously asked her
"They were nice but quite mad..." She answered and we both laughed, "I was talking to Theo and he seems to like Holly a lot... Every time I mentioned her name his cheeks turned slightly pink!"
"Yeah, I think he does like Holly. He won't admit it but it is quite obvious!" I told her.

Just at that moment, Holly appeared from behind us. "Hi Thomas and Ella! I've been looking for you!"
"So have we!" We both said in unison.
"Well, I think it's time we tell everyone our plan, don't you?"
"That is actually what we were going to tell you!" I replied
"So shall we call everyone together or split up and tell people individually?"
"Gathering everyone would be easier so how about we tell the others to meet around that tree?" I said gesturing to a large oak tree.
"Yeah, sure! I'll go and tell everyone" she said turning on her heal, about to leave.
"Wait!" Ella said making Holly freeze and then turn back around,
"What?"
"Do you... er.... like, I mean love Theo?" She quietly asked
"What?!" Holly shouted widening her eyes and dropping her mouth open.
"Okay, maybe not..." Ella said taking a step back.

I had to forget about what just happened. In my mind I was planning what to say to the camp, I needed to make them join us.