Chapter Five: Mr. Popular and Ms. Outcast

Mona's POV

I woke up the next morning in a room that wasn't mine. I went to get up and look around but somebody's arm tightened around me. I looked and smiled seeing my mate, his hair was sprawled out on the pillow and he looked like a little kid.

I shook his arm a little, "Alex, let go I have to use the bathroom.." He groaned and moved a little. I giggled and took the time to look at him. Surprisingly he was wearing a shirt and pajama pants, I figured he would wear boxers and no shirt but considering that I'm here he must have thought to put something on other that his boxers.

I looked down at my clothes and realized that I wasn't in mine. I was in a shirt that was slightly too big so I guess it's his, I looked back up at him and smiled. "Alex, wake up.." I kissed him and he slowly woke up. He smiled and softly planted a kiss on my lips "morning beautiful.." he spoke softly me. I cuddled close to him and smiled "morning to you too" I said back to him.

"I um.. I forgot to ask you last night but, may I ask what is my glorious mates name?" He had a soft blush on his cheek, making me giggle. "Mona, the vampire in the dream..." I told him.

"So that explains why you could run so quickly" he chuckled, I smiled and laughed. "And I'm the biggest outcast in the school so no wonder you didn't know my name." I mumbled. He looked at me with a frown, "somebody as pretty as you can't be a outcast, you must have a lot of friends!" He took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"That's where your wrong Mr.popular; I have none.... I can't understand why though... All my life I have been the girl with no friends. The one who was shunned and looked down upon..." I hadn't noticed that I was crying until Alex was gently wiping away my tears.

Alex's pov

I gently wiped away her tears, I didn't want to see her sad like this. Now that I think about it I have seen her around the school. She always sat alone at the lunch table on the far end of the lunchroom. She would always come to school with her head down, and every now and then there would be a bruise under her eye.

"Mona...are your parents abusive?" I asked carefully, she looked up at me then back down at her hands. "My step mom is..." She whispered, I held her tightly to me and kissed the top of her head. "My birth mom was killed in a car accident.... My dad remarried the bitch I ran away from.... He was killed by werewolves." She whispered.

I understood now why she reacted the way she did back in the woods, she was afraid of werewolves. "Baby I promise I would never hurt you on purpose, ok?" I asked her. She nodded and kissed me softly and got up from the bed, "we better get ready for school...I have to go back and get my clothes and all.." She sighed. I shook my head and got up as well picking up a bag handing it to her "no need, I went ahead and got your things, there in the room next to mine." He smiled and walked me to where I guess I'll be staying in from now on.

~~time skip to school~~

Nobody's pov

They walked through the parking lot up the steps hand in hand. Gasps erupted from everyone making Alex smile, Mona on the other hand was a little nervous. "Maybe we shouldn't be walking like this..." She looked at him, he shook his head and looked at her. "Baby when your the mate of a alpha, you shouldn't have to worry about what they say. You are their future Luna, anything they do to harm you I will be sure to punish them." He kissed her forehead making her smile.