Suddenly, the beeping from the heart monitor turned to a steady one and a sob escaped Emery's mouth.

"Nurse! I need a nurse!" No one was coming. Ignoring the doctor's direct orders, Emery limbed to the doorway, screaming down the hallway. "I need a fucking nurse!"

Everyone was rushing then, pushing Emery aside as they started trying to jumpstart Dean's heart with the defibrillator. Emery could feel the reaper in the room and once Sam showed up in the doorway, she fell into his arms, sobbing.

When the Doctor announced he was starting CPR, Emery knew there was no hope. She was losing her anchor after she admitted her feelings to him. She wanted to scream in frustration, punch something, anything but cry. But that's all she could seem to do.

When the heart monitor went back to the steady beeping, Emery gasped.

So it wasn't his time. But, it was obvious he was still barely hanging on.

But, either was she.

☪✡

"Dr. Kripke, code blue..."

Emery closed her eyes as she waited for her coffee to finish. Sam had asked her to step out of the room, a paper bag held in his hands.

She took a sip of the scalding liquid, warming her mouth and insides. For some reason she was freezing (more so than usual) and couldn't get warm. And she didn't have Dean to cuddle with to make her warmer.

Later, she walked back into the room, after stretching her legs a bit. Emery had went to the kids wing and sat with the kids, talking to them for a bit. Most thought she was a princess (even with her injuries) and asked her where she ruled.

She promptly told them Neverland and that they were welcomed to come and join her, Peter Pan, and the lost boys any day.

When she got into Dean's room, Emery almost laughed when she noticed the Ouija Board on the ground.

So that's what Sam was doing.

It was a couple minutes later when she felt it. Her coffee cup slipped from her hand and the chair seemed to tip. Emery's body seeming to react to the feeling.

It was there, in the hospital.

Sam walked in a second later, shouting for a nurse. Emery was seizing as the nurses turned her into her side. Once the seizing stopped, Emery curled into a ball and started crying again.

What was John doing?

Emery wanted out at that moment. If Dean was to die, she was getting out of the life and staying out. She'd find another man, forget about all the things that went bump in the night.

☪✡

It was the next day and Emery was sitting by Dean's side, saying her goodbyes. She was going to leave and start fresh. Find a new identity.

With silent tears, she leaned forward and planted a gentle kiss on Dean flawless cheek.

It would have been on the lips, but there was all the tubes in the way.