02: Brave New World

Start from the beginning

   "Clara," he breathed, stepping in front of me. "Clara, Clara, Clara... When are we going to stop being such children to each other?"

   "When you decide to grow up, Damon," I sweetly smiled. "Plus, I'll stop babysitting you when you stop being a dick to every person that makes you angry. That stunt you pulled on Elena's little brother, wow, dick move. You want to stop being treated like a child, well, how about not acting like one?"

   He laid a hand over his heart and let out a groan. "Ouch," he gasped. "You hurt my feelings."

   "Aw, did I?" I glared. "Good." I turned my head to see where we were, and I saw two boys arm wrestling. I recognized one of them as Tyler Lockwood, Mayor Lockwood's son.  That was when Stefan arrived and took a stand to my side.

   "Wow, you're lurking," he said to Damon, who had his arms crossed and looked at the boy.

   Damon looked at his brother and made a face. "No, I'm observing."

   "More like obsessing," I scoffed, causing Stefan to smile and Damon to glare. We all went back to looking at the Lockwood boy just as he won the match. 

   "He's got strength," Damon noted.

   "He's a triple letter varsity athlete," Stefan recalled, "of course he has strength. You're reaching." Ever since the accident of Mayor Lockwood hearing the Gilbert device—the thing that caused all the vampires to go down during the Founder's Day celebration— Damon has been wondering about the Lockwood's. Mayor Lockwood and his son heard the device, which was supposed to be a vampire only thing, and they weren't vampires. So, of course, we were all a little curious.

   Another man that resembled Tyler walked as he took off his jacket. Damon let out a scoff besides me. "Enter the uncle," he said. 

   "That's ridiculous," Stefan mused. 

    "Mm," I smiled. "Look at those arms... Faint worthy." Stefan smiled while Damon rolled his eyes. I looked up at Damon, still smiling. "Aw, don't be like that. It's not your fault you don't have arms like those... Compared to you, you have noodles."

   Mason, the uncle, won the match, and everyone around him cheered. Tyler slightly glared at his uncle for ruining his match, which caused me to chuckle as he rubbed his arm. "Okay, he's the champ. Who wants to go next?"

   "Stefan wants to go," Damon cut in. 

   I glanced at Stefan, who had a smile on his face but was obviously getting ready to look at his brother in disbelief. "Yeah, sure, I'll... Uh, I'll give it a shot." He walked up to the table, standing where Tyler was. 

   "Get him, Stef!" Damon sarcastically cheered, crossing his arms.

   "My brother and friend over there think I can beat you," Stefan told Mason. 

   Mason glanced at us, and I wiggled my fingers as a form of greeting. When he turned back to Stefan, he had a cocky smile. "They're wrong," he said. 

   "Ugh," I groaned, throwing my head back lightly. "Even his smile is attractive."

   "Shut up," hissed Damon. 

   I smirked and looked back at Mason and Stefan. They began to wrestle, the pair showing obvious hard pressure. Stefan's cocky face falters for a bit, but he immediately went back to it. I uncrossed my arms and watched, furrowing my brows. It was obvious that Stefan was putting pressure into the match, it was noticeable by the way his jaw was clenched. And then, Mason won. It should have been impossible for him to win. Stefan walked back to us, confused.