2

A week passed, and for some reason, I could not stop thinking about Mr. Hood. About his lips. About his voice. About his fingertips brushing against my thigh bringing goosebumps to my pale skin. About he he made me so...

I shook the sinful thoughts out of my head and pulled into the driveway of my house.

My mother was sitting on the couch watching the news. I dropped my backpack on the floor and sat with her. "Hi sweety, how was school?"

"Eh. It was okay. We started with the semester finals today and we finish them tomorrow I think." I bit into the apple that I grabbed from the kitchen. My mother didn't say anything back because she was too focused on the tv. "Mom, what's going on?"

"They found two girls who were murdered in an alley."

I listened in on the news, "More bodies were found this Sunday in an alley behind a cafe. The girl's are believed to be twenty year old Melissa Halster and Twenty one year old Lola Shepherd. The two girls were on their way home from a party when they were stabbed and cut into pieces. Their bodies were found in garbage bags inside of a dumpster..." The female news reporter said.

There has been many murder cases like this before and they think all the work is just one man. They don't have a name for him really, but the kids at school call him "Butcher" or "Butch" for short. He always does the Same thing. He stabs someone at least 10 times in the face then cuts them up and leaves them in a garbage bag in some random location. Sounds gruesome, I know. You would never think that something like this could happen in a place like Seattle.

"I...I can't watch anymore. It's too sad. Watch spongebob or something just..turn this shit off." My mother handed me the remote and walked off into the kitchen.

I went up stairs to my room and put a Sam Smith record on. Soon I heard a knock on my door then my mother came in. "Lana, honey. This came in the mail for you." She held out a white envelope. I opened it, finding a little card with an address, time, and tomorrow's date. Under that it said,

"I am holding my yearly winter ball on January 20th. Please wear white and dress accordingly. I hope to see you there.
Sincerely, Leo K. Marshall."

Leo K. Marshall? The familiar name shook my head but I could not remember anyone by it. "Who's Leo?" My mother sat at the end of my bed. I just shook my head, shrugging my shoulders looking down at the thick pieces of paper in my hand. Then it hit me who Leo Marshall was. He was the man in whom I met while waiting for my interview with Mr. Hood. I looked up at my mom, who was staring at the card just as I was. "He uh, he's a friend of Mr. Hood." I put the card on my night stand. "He is throwing a sort of ball I guess."

"You were invited to a ball?" My mother gasped happily and stood up. "We need to go shopping. You are going to that man's party." The word 'party' shot in my head like a bullet and I started to think of those girls on the news who were coming home from a party when they got...you know.

"Actually, I don't think I wanna go."

"Well why not?" My mother's excitement shrank.

"I..I don't really." I didn't know what to tell her. "I don't really like parties." I lied.

"Oh that's a ridiculous reason. Come on we can have a small girls day and go shopping." I gave up and huffed in defeat. My mom stood there with an anxious look on her face. "Oh, right now?!" I said.

"Yes! The party is tomorrow." She said grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of my room.

The clothes my mother made me get were actually gorgeous. She made me get a long silk white dress that hugs my curves and a pair of white heels, which I begged her not to get since I'm 5'6".

To be honest, I'm actually excited for this party, and hopefully it will take my mind off of Mr. Hood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! Sorry that I haven't been updating I just thought that no one liked this story or any of my stories but guess not?

Please vote and/or comment if you want me to keep updating.