Night Changes

"Y/n, Dean is here!" My mom called from downstairs. I take a deep breath and heavily exhaled as I smoothed my red dress in front of the mirror. I grabbed my coat and exited out the door. Each step I took down the stairs, the more my heart started to race. At the bottom, I made eye contact with him. His jaw dropped, his eyes scanning me up and down. My face instantly went to a warm, crimson shade. I look over to my mom and she was starting to tear up. "My baby girl, all dressed up and beautiful!" She walked over to me and grabbed my face, leaving kisses all over. I tried to push her off, but she kept her grip tight. "Alright, mom please let me go. We're going to be late!" She let me go and wiped her nose. "I'm sorry dear, it's just sad to think that my little girl isn't a little girl anymore." I playfully rolled my eyes and turn to Dean. "How do I look?" He shook himself out his little world and nodded his head. "You look absolutely beautiful baby." I smile and feel my face growing red again. I walked over to him and we linked arms and headed out the door.

We came upon the Impala and he opened the passenger door for me, I giggled. "Why thank you, Mr. Winchester!" He smirked and gestured for me to get in. "My pleasure, Ms. Y/L/N." After he closed my door, he jogged over to his and slid in. He smiled at me, leaned over to me, and gave me a kiss. "Are you ready?" I nodded and he started up the black beauty and drove away.

He pulled up to the restaurant 'Le Bernardin'. He turned off the ignition, hurriedly got out and ran to my side. He opened my door and helped me out. I stared at the restaurant in awe. "Dean, this looks expensive! Are you sure we can afford this?" He chuckled, "Babe, I've got everything under control. Don't worry about anything. Let's just enjoy this night." He held out his arm and I linked it with mine. We elegantly strolled up to the deep burgundy colored wooden doors. A doorman nodded and opened the door for the two of us. Once we stepped in, my eyes were instantly welcomed with the sight of dark wooden polished walls. Warm white lights that made the space more warm and cozy, it was perfect. A man was waiting for us at the podium. "How may I help you tonight?" He smiled at us with his pearly white teeth and slick back hair. "Reservations for Winchester." He nodded and looked through his list. "Yes, Mr. Winchester! Right, this way!" He grabbed two menus and lead the way to our table. It was in the back, with a window view. Perfect! "And here we are!" The man said, setting down our menus. We both said thank you and sat down.

After we were seated, I opened the menu and wandered through it. I looked at one of the meals and it was over 200 dollars. I gasped and looked up at Dean. He was flipping through it, really concentrated on what he was reading. I cleared my throat and he moved his eyes to me. "What's wrong?" I looked down, then back up "Dean are you sure we can afford this? I mean this meal I'm looking at is over 200 dollars. We don't have that kind of money!" I sighed and put my hand faintly on my forehead. He took my other hand and told me to look at him. "Y/n, please stop stressing yourself out. Everything is going to fine. I've actually been saving up for this night for a really long time. So the money situation isn't going to be a problem, okay?" I nodded my head and went back to the menu.

"Good evening, my name is Louise and I'll be your waitress tonight. Are you ready to order?" She eyed us both while keeping her right hand on a pen ready to write. Dean spoke up first, "yes I would like the Filet Mignon." he said with a proud smile then set down his menu. She nodded and wrote it down on the pad of paper and turned to me. "Um, I'll have the Lamb..." I said kind of nervously. "Alright, your meals will arrive soon. Is there anything else I can get you?" She asked while putting the pad of paper in her waist band. Dean looked at me and winked. "Yes, I would like your finest wine! The whole bottle please." She once again nodded and went to go retrieve the wine.

***
After the meal, we sat and just talked. About anything and everything. We laughed at corny jokes, argued over who's right over things, and sometimes it got a little heated. So far the night is perfect.

Finally our waitress brought our check. '$445.67' my eyes almost popped out of my skull. Dean chuckled at my reaction. "Are you ready?" I nodded and carefully lifted myself up. Dean opened his arm for me to take it with mine. We walked up to the podium, paid for the meal, and walked to the Impala. 

"Was it good?" I nodded and kissed his cheek. "Yes babe it was lovely! I had a very good time tonight." We arrived upon the Impala, but there was a police officer there. "Hi officer, is there a problem?" The officer looked up from his writing and tilted his hat. "Yes sir, this zone that you're parked in has a limited time. The parking is from 6 A.M. to 9 P.M. and it is now..." He checked his watch. "11:30." Dean sighed, "I do apologize, I didn't realize that there was a limit. We've never been on this part of town and I wanted to have a nice dinner with my girlfriend before I leave for another job." The officer kept a straight face as he peeled off the ticket and harshly smacked it on the windshield. Dean let go of my arm and stomped up to him. "Listen here you son of a bitch! I was trying to be polite about this whole thing, but obviously trying to challenge me." The officer moved closer to Dean as well and chuckled in his face. 

Dean pushed the officer to the ground and started punching and kicking the officer. I ran up to him and tried to pull him away, but he kept going. "Dean stop, please!" I screamed at him, but he wouldn't listen. The anger took him over and he kept fighting the officer. 

Two seconds later, two cop vehicles pulled up and ran to the scene. They pulled Dean off the officer that was down and pushed him to the ground. Tears were pouring down my face as I watch them handcuff him and read him his Miranda Rights. Dean looked at me and all the anger he felt vanished and was replaced with guilt and pain. "I'm sorry." He mouthed as the officers placed him in the back of the vehicle. 

After they drove away, I pulled my phone out of my purse and dialed my mother's number. "Hello?" I sniffled, "Mom, can you come get me?"